Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Newspaper Issue, Scott Numbers ?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 3,712Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Ukraine
26 Posts
Posted 08/15/2010   5:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add v_paul to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all, I am a beginner in a stamp world, as well as in this forum, could anyone tell me the scott numbers of these stamps, and their value, couldn't find such in Internet yet.

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1717 Posts
Posted 08/15/2010   5:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revstampman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All are VERY BAD Forgeries!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Ukraine
26 Posts
Posted 08/15/2010   6:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add v_paul to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot for a such quick respond, that was my first buying, next time would be more carefully.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2757 Posts
Posted 08/15/2010   6:32 pm  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Where did you find these?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2480 Posts
Posted 08/15/2010   7:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomiseksj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Revstampman,

Having no experience with U.S. newspaper and periodical stamps, I'd be interested in learning what you based your assessment on.

Steve
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2757 Posts
Posted 08/15/2010   8:26 pm  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The real deal are much finely printed than those above. I would be surprised if the above are even engraved.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5880 Posts
Posted 08/15/2010   8:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add smauggie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Someone tried to make forgeries of stamps that were originally printed in various colors, only they made them all in black and white. The engraving of the design is very crudely done (the variations in spacings between the letters in the scroll-work is one example). The color and quality of the paper is also substandard.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35161 Posts
Posted 08/15/2010   8:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1717 Posts
Posted 08/15/2010   8:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revstampman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'd be interested in learning what you based your assessment on.

What everyone else has already stated.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2480 Posts
Posted 08/15/2010   9:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomiseksj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod222,

It seems really obvious now!

And while it is fresh in my mind I've got to ask, what settings do you use on your scanner to be able to post images as large and clear as those two?

Steve
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35161 Posts
Posted 08/15/2010   9:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Those are not my images, Steve.
They were sent to me by image exchange partners.

I scan all my images at 600dpi, which results in
*.jpg compression of around 250 Kb, or 2Mb uncompressed.

I use ACDSee to reduce down to 90Kb for posting here.
Hope that explains.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2480 Posts
Posted 08/15/2010   11:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomiseksj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Rod,

I've increased my scan to 600dpi and think I finally broke the code with IrfanView.
Valued Member
Ukraine
26 Posts
Posted 08/16/2010   12:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add v_paul to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for all four your help once again, I've bought those stamps from the man I trusted to. Do they have any value or I just can throw them away?
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35161 Posts
Posted 08/16/2010   12:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Do not throw them away V_paul,
they still have value, even if it be just interest.

Depends on what you paid for them, if they were cheap
them that's fine, If they were mine I would make an
album page with these stamps compared to the genuine.
It would look great.

If they were expensive then that's another story.

Valued Member
Ukraine
26 Posts
Posted 08/16/2010   05:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add v_paul to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I paid for all these stamps 75$ USD, I would try to make refund, but if anybody are interested in, just let me know.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35161 Posts
Posted 08/16/2010   05:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow. I'll let others more expert on revenues comment.
Well out of my league.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 3,712Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05