Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Icelandic Airmail Stamps Pre-1940

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
6 Posts
Posted 08/25/2010   12:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add norseman012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
These are my favorite Icelandic airmail stamps. Its such a wonderful stamp with a great design and use of colors, To me its like having rembrandt hanging on my wall...I wish..LOL

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6704 Posts
Posted 08/25/2010   12:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add khj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Welcome to Stamp Community Forum, norseman012!

I agree, they are beautiful! The gyrfalcon issue is one of my all time favorite airmail stamps!

Kim
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
305 Posts
Posted 08/25/2010   12:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gaff to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
305 Posts
Posted 08/25/2010   12:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gaff to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And I thought my Iceland Airmail was nice...

#C2 1929 50c Gray & Violet
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
26487 Posts
Posted 08/25/2010   01:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Lovely Norseman,
It's hard to beat the bi-colour stamp,
in any language :)

If perchance, you have any Thule,
I'd love to see big images of those....
Rest in Peace
Learn More...
Canada
5701 Posts
Posted 08/25/2010   01:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stunning classics
BeeSee in BC
"The Postmark is Mightier than the Stamp"
http://brcstamps.com ---- BNAPS, RPSC, APS
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6704 Posts
Posted 08/25/2010   01:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add khj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If perchance, you have any Thule

I acquired this T1 earlier this year; original purchase scan, as my scanner is still dysfunctional. The stamp is CTO, with the well-documented 7/7/37 date.
Edited by khj - 08/25/2010 01:45 am
Valued Member
United States
6 Posts
Posted 08/25/2010   02:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add norseman012 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone. I forgot to mention that these stamps are stock photo's that I got off the internet because I have not had the chance to take pictures of my own, but I do have them in my collection.
Tomorrow if I get a chance I will take some pictures of ones in my collection.

Sorry rod222 I don't have any Greenland Thule stamps

Oh... before I go has anyone ever noticed that some of the plane's on these early Icelandic stamps seems to be pointed downward like they are about to crash like the ones I posted here.

Edited by norseman012 - 08/25/2010 02:10 am
Valued Member
United States
6 Posts
Posted 08/25/2010   02:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add norseman012 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Thule khj
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1355 Posts
Posted 08/25/2010   04:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampgal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I really enjoyed your pics. I am fairly new to collecting, but I am getting into the Nordic region, I especially like the norse-style boats. Feel free to post lots more pics!!
Thankyou!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1947 Posts
Posted 08/25/2010   05:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rohumpy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone notice the dates--930-1930--Imagine commemorating the thousand year anniversary of something.
Valued Member
Spain
266 Posts
Posted 09/19/2010   5:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AndrewF31 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
norseman, hope you post some more iceland stamps from your collections. They're really nice.

I recently started collecting Iceland but I only have new stamps. I've seen other stamps in the Facit catalogue and I'm eager to start tracking down older stamps. Just need to find room somewhere! :D
And money too, that's important.
Valued Member
Netherlands
249 Posts
Posted 09/19/2010   6:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tinus_NL to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rohumpy: they are commemorating the 1000 year anniversary of the Icelandic parliament, or Althing. Back in those Viking days held at Thingvellir, now just in plain old Reykjavik.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05