Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Us Slogan Cancels

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1512 Posts
Posted 06/12/2011   11:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bfranton to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a few fairly early ones.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2547 Posts
Posted 06/12/2011   11:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Russ to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Buy Bonds and Mail Early are pretty common but the 2 Cleveland Perry's Victory are really nice.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2649 Posts
Posted 06/15/2011   10:25 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Rest in Peace
United States
7097 Posts
Posted 06/15/2011   11:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add I_Love_Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have never seen a lot of these and some I finally know what the rest looks like from partials on some of my singles. Very cool thread!
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6369 Posts
Posted 06/16/2011   07:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1950s, height of the UFO scare!

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2649 Posts
Posted 06/16/2011   09:24 am  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
HAHA!!
Valued Member
Singapore
186 Posts
Posted 01/29/2012   05:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Leng to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I like slogan cancels too but have not ventured into US ones.
Valued Member
United States
302 Posts
Posted 01/29/2012   07:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add panda.bear to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's just a few from a massive collection of postmarks that I bought about a year ago but never got around to fully scanning in .

Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 01/29/2012   08:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You may find this link entitled "unfortunate slogans on postage stamps" to be interesting. In fact, it specifically recites the slogans shown in the last couple of scans:

http://www.stampez.com/stamp-articl...stage-stamps
Valued Member
Singapore
186 Posts
Posted 01/30/2012   01:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Leng to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, those were really unfortunate! good link.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6369 Posts
Posted 02/01/2012   12:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
More slogan cancels

March of Dimes

I think this may have been shown elsewhere, but for the life of me, I've no idea...
Kansas City Centennial

Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 03/20/2013   8:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good display on this strong US stamp for this 'powerful' slogan cancel, although it is ghosted out a bit and hidden by the blackness of the Ram Sheep.

' ENERGY / FOR A / POWERFUL AMERICA '

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1123 Posts
Posted 06/20/2013   07:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My contribution to the topic.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
538 Posts
Posted 07/08/2016   8:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ciletaliph to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This great old thread needs a bump!
A few slogans to add

PHILATELY
THE FAMILY
HOBBY

Fall in
Love
WITH
STAMP
COLLECTING

UNITED STATES
GEOLOGICAL SURVEY
1879-CENTENNIAL-1979

WEAR YOUR
RED FEATHER
PROUDLY

Get your mail early
in the morning
with a
Post Office Box

LAW DAY USA
FREEDOM UNDER THE LAW
MAY1

Pillar Of The Community
United States
538 Posts
Posted 07/08/2016   9:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ciletaliph to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

LOUISVILLE OHIO
BIRTHPLACE OF
CONSTITUTION DAY

PARKERSBURG WV
200TH BIRTHDAY
1785-1985

HELP GOODWILL
HELP
THE HANDICAPPED

EDISON PAGEANT
OF LIGHT
february

GIVE
THE UNITED WAY

SUPPORT
DOLLARS FOR SCHOLARS
FUND DRIVE
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.45 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05