Requirements for Uploading Images to the Forum
1. Must be in .gif, .jpg or .webp format.
2. Must be under 300K in size. Use our Free Image Optimizer if your image is too large.
3. File names must be unique or you will overwrite the previous image.
Images should be cropped closely to the stamp and resized to no more than 800 or so pixels on the longest side.
Please, this is very important.
A common mistake by new members is to try and upload photos fresh from the camera or scanner. These will, 99% of the time, be way too large to be accepted.
Irfanview is a very good free image editing tool that you can download for Windows. Download Irfanview Here
You can also use our Free Image Optimizer
Uploading an Image to a Post
1. You must either be posting from the new topic or reply to topic links. You cannot upload images on a quick reply.
2. While looking at the post box, you will see a green camera icon below the area where you type in your post. It looks like this . Click on that icon and a window should pop up that looks like this...
If you don't see this box, check that your pop-up blocker is not blocking it or it's hiding behind another window. There are several instances on the forum that use legitimate pop-ups, so you may want to mark Stamp Community as "safe". You will not get any advertising pop-ups from Stamp Community.
3. Click on the "browse" button and navigate to the image you want to upload, then click "upload file". The code to have the image appear in your post will be added to the post editor box.