Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Identification By Sg Number Of Cayman Island War Tax Stamps

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,804Next Topic  
Valued Member

United Kingdom
6 Posts
Posted 07/07/2011   2:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add sd1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello All

I'm new to the forums here, and stumbled across the forum whilst searching for information on two Cayman Island War Tax Stamps from about 1917.

Can any one help me identify these by SG Number

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
SD1964

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United Kingdom
186 Posts
Posted 07/07/2011   3:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Marius to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think they are SG54 and SG56

Hope this helps

Edit** - Forgot to say ...to the forum!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Marius - 07/07/2011 3:13 pm
Valued Member
United Kingdom
6 Posts
Posted 07/07/2011   4:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sd1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the reply thought it was that, just wasn't sure.

Does anyone know what the differance is between SG56 and SG55 (apart from the price :-) ) is it watermark?
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3547 Posts
Posted 07/07/2011   7:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tonymacg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Marius, SG 54 and SG 56; 1.75 and 30p respectively in the 2011 book. There is an inverted watermark listed for SG 56, priced at 120 - worth checking yours!

In SG 55, 'WAR STAMP' and '1d' are in taller letters than on SG 56, and the '1d' particularly is in a quite distinctive font.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,804Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05