Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Epirus : Moschopolis Issues.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 4,356Next Topic  
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 10/02/2011   04:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rod222 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Send note to Staff
Edited by rod222 - 10/02/2011 06:15 am

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 10/02/2011   05:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks BK
They must be unofficials as they are not listed in Gibbons.

The 1914 "Flag" issues of Epirus
Lithography by Aspiotis Freres, Corfu.....

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United Kingdom
459 Posts
Posted 10/02/2011   05:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DavidR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod
They are an unofficial local issue known as the Moschopolis issue, according to the Hellas cataogue. Issued 1914, perf 14.5. The 1 lepta brown is valued 1 euro mint, the 5 lepta green the same.
Hope this helps!
DavidR
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 10/02/2011   05:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks David,
yes it helps, but also confuses,

I have this following stamp as part of the Moschopolis issue

so were there two sets?
or are both stamps/labels from the same set?

Cheers

Valued Member
United Kingdom
459 Posts
Posted 10/02/2011   06:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DavidR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Same set, yours is one of the (drachma) higher values. According to Hellas the 3 drachma green-grey and red-brown is 5 euros mint.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 10/02/2011   06:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Fantastic!

I like it when the jigsaw pieces fit together :)

Thanks.

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1497 Posts
Posted 10/02/2011   09:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 10/02/2011   09:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Aaaaargh!

I had focussed on the "pillared" issue,
not the others.
I usually print others in the set as "facsimiles"
to mount on the page, not this time,
completely lost recall

Thanks for bringing that to my attention...I think
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
2988 Posts
Posted 10/02/2011   4:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rodney,

It's nice to see your quote from my earlier post set out so neatly above.

I was sitting here reading it (and agreeing with it! ) until I realised they were my words.
Nigel
Pillar Of The Community
1440 Posts
Posted 10/02/2011   5:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jkjblue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The 2011 Scott Classic Specialized catalogue illustrates the (1914) designs, then dismisses them with:
"Stamps of the following designs were not regularly issued for postal purposes in the opinion of the editors"
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 10/03/2011   04:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Nigel,
I was remiss in not supplying attribution
we'll have to fix that! :

Thanks for your words.

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 12/17/2016   03:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
4880 Posts
Posted 12/17/2016   12:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From my Cinderella collection .

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 12/17/2016   6:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
From my Cinderella collection .

Your cinderellas, used on cover.

Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 4,356Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.4 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05