Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Let's See Your Smallest Covers

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Valued Member
United States
76 Posts
Posted 03/04/2018   4:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add northernvirginiaguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Homemade envelope. One of the few 114s I have seen that does not indicate the origin PO, against PO regulations.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1141 Posts
Posted 01/14/2019   11:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I think we may have a winner:

Cavendish Auction #818, lot 1557

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1616 Posts
Posted 01/15/2019   12:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Its hard to imagine much smaller than that!
Pillar Of The Community
Singapore
708 Posts
Posted 01/15/2019   1:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pennyblackie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A really cute cover...haha
Learn More...
6942 Posts
Posted 01/15/2019   4:29 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Here are some more from my collection

Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2869 Posts
Posted 01/15/2019   5:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have some questions about the Cavendish Auction Chislehurst cover.

Is this really a cover, or a manufactured/contrived item. The address side is much darker than the other paper. Could this be a piece glued over a clipping?

Also, were there absolutely no size limitations on mail? It is hard to imagine this item being accepted at a post office counter. If it were put in the mail stream, it would be in constant danger of being lost or discarded as a scrap.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1141 Posts
Posted 01/15/2019   7:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Cavendish description stated:

"KENT - RARE TINY STAMP-SIZED 1897 COVER TO JERSEY - 30 Mar. 1897 'envelope' (folded to only the size of an 1881 1d lilac), the stamp cancelled with part 'CHISLEHURST/STAT[ION OFFI]CE cds, with original letter datelined 'Cleeveland' [sic]. A rare survivor."

Valued Member
46 Posts
Posted 01/18/2019   09:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Prexie3c to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My 3 smallest Prexie 3c covers (and 1 Prexie 1c cover).
Valued Member
Puerto Rico
6 Posts
Posted 01/18/2019   10:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add luisgo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Reduced envelope first flight cover from San Juan to Miami FAM-6 in January 1929. Nice franking!
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1141 Posts
Posted 01/19/2019   01:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One 1 cent bisect certainly stands out!
Valued Member
United States
24 Posts
Posted 01/19/2019   6:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mudrat.detector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

These are made from heavy cardstock. 92mm x 51mm
- Chris
Valued Member
United States
22 Posts
Posted 01/28/2019   3:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wyostamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I do like tiny covers. I have six or seven to scan when I get home, but meanwhile here's one I just bought on eBay.
Valued Member
United States
271 Posts
Posted 02/17/2019   3:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mml1942 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I had hoped my contribution might make it as the smallest cover, but at 93mm x 60mm, (that's 3.625" x 2.25" for the metrically challenged), I wasn't even close.

So here's my entry for the smallest postage due cover.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2649 Posts
Posted 06/16/2019   6:53 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Purists here will no doubt argue this isn't a "cover", but a "card"

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2649 Posts
Posted 06/16/2019   6:56 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And again, I am thinking I have uploaded these 2 before, though I can't find the thread!!

Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05