Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

SCF Round Robin #3

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 41 / Views: 8,255Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1361 Posts
Posted 02/22/2012   07:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add AnthonyUK to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I would like to start another RR.
Please let me know if you would like to partake as I would like to make a start soonish.
I'm open to suggestions for quantity - number or weight - 40g off paper is quite a lot and keeps postage costs down, on/off paper, era etc.

Suggestions
I thinking a 1:1 swap eg. one taken out, one put in.
70/30 split commemeratives to definitives
No duplication so you can't put in if it is already there.
Maintain the mix of values/topicals/countries so we don't end up with all low value items.
Commem for commem, defin for defin. No switching.
No damaged stock - only mint or fine used (CTO OK too?)
Nice stamps used for postage between participants.
A list of the people participating is included in the envelope.
They notify the group they have received it/sent it on.
Should be posted on within a week of receipt.
Should not be sent within same country, maybe even send it to furthest person next.

What do you think?

Participants - Please drop me your postal details and I'll compile a sheet. Green when received.

Stampgal
Maiden
Diane Earl
NCBuckeye
Fifia
Send note to Staff
Edited by kirks - 05/02/2012 07:50 am

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1128 Posts
Posted 02/22/2012   09:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ncbuckeye to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Please count me in again. I am assuming this one would be world widw? Would there be any interest in a specific country RR? .. e.g., one for just Canadian ... U.S. ... Australia ... or whatever?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
1508 Posts
Posted 02/22/2012   10:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fifia to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
oh, yes...I am in. My suggestion is a number of stamps, lets say for conversation sake 50. You send me 50 stamps, (I collect Europe) and you let me know what you collect I send you 50 nice stamps. It is a honor system, like Stamp Scouts. I do not care how far I have to send it...

Fifia

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1361 Posts
Posted 02/22/2012   11:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AnthonyUK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I was thinking Worldwide for this one but I also think a single country would be great.

Please send me you postal addresses if you are not shown in green.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1361 Posts
Posted 02/24/2012   03:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AnthonyUK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Fifia emailed me to say she has been banned from the forums??

I don't mind adding people to the recipient list after starting and I'd like to start by posting to the first person this weekend.

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1361 Posts
Posted 02/27/2012   08:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AnthonyUK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Posting out to Diane today.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1355 Posts
Posted 02/27/2012   09:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampgal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

...And we're off !
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3858 Posts
Posted 02/27/2012   12:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I will keep an eagle eye out for the package.

Dianne
Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1361 Posts
Posted 03/07/2012   04:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AnthonyUK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone received anything yet?
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1361 Posts
Posted 03/09/2012   10:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AnthonyUK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Anything yet Diane?
It should have arrived by now.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3858 Posts
Posted 03/09/2012   12:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not yet?? It has taken over three weeks to get stuff in the past. Maybee tonight when I get home. I'll let you know.
Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses
Valued Member
Canada
61 Posts
Posted 03/09/2012   12:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nickmang to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Count me in on this one.
Weight sounds good

Thanks
Valued Member
United Kingdom
277 Posts
Posted 03/09/2012   2:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Maiden to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Judging by how long it took some of my Dutch stamp giveaways to cross the pond..not panic time yet :)
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3858 Posts
Posted 03/09/2012   6:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
When I got to the mailbox

I'll have them off to the next person in Monday's mail.

Dianne
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1361 Posts
Posted 03/10/2012   03:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AnthonyUK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great news.

Sorry Nickmang. You do not have enough posts yet but keep posting and you will get there.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
277 Posts
Posted 03/19/2012   3:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Maiden to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Arrived today:) I'll pass it on in a couple of days
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 41 / Views: 8,255Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05