Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Formosa (?) Help Please

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 10,346Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Norway
1661 Posts
Posted 01/18/2018   7:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Blaamand to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2782 Posts
Posted 01/18/2018   7:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Link too the real Black flag issues:Die 1-3 (page 9)
http://www.demomy.com/items.php?u=nikko&page=9
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4974 Posts
Posted 01/18/2018   10:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These are forgeries of FORMOSA stampd

These are crude forgeries of stamps of the 1895 issue .

Forgeries of the issue of 1896

Here are real stamps of the BLACK FLAG REPUBLIC ---FIRST ONE IS THE 1886 Official first postage stamps on laid paper , the second one is a 1894 second issue the control character in red is on wove paper .
Edited by floortrader - 01/18/2018 10:45 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5783 Posts
Posted 01/18/2018   11:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cjd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sharp. 1894 was printed in sheets of five...have you matched yours to a known position?
Valued Member
146 Posts
Posted 01/19/2018   04:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add agb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
floortrader, & perf12.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge on these issues, you have certainly given me an insight into the real stamps of the 'BLACK FLAG REPUBLIC'

Quote:
These are crude forgeries of stamps of the 1895 issue .

I will put the item in my forgery stock book awaiting a write up.

Andrew
Edited by agb - 01/19/2018 04:08 am
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2782 Posts
Posted 01/19/2018   07:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Stamps below are not the famous "Black Flag" issue proclaiming the
republic of Formosa, but the first Chinese Imperial stamps for the Island
of Formosa.So they are of Chinese origin and not the short lived"Republic of Formosa".

Cherrystone Auctions Nov. 2005 sold:$3.250
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4974 Posts
Posted 01/19/2018   08:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cjd - Never got into the detail of the printing . Once I make up a page for my albums I like to move on to something else .Working on Spanish Civil War stuff right now .
Philippines
1 Posts
Posted 08/02/2018   02:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Flyingchak to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This no smilimg tiger. Is this real?
Malaysia
2 Posts
Posted 10/28/2020   12:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add boontau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear All,
Can someone tell me where can I find more information about Formosa stamp information? which catalog or book you guys refer to? appreciate you guys can tell me more about Taiwan stamp history before 1945. Thank you so much
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4974 Posts
Posted 10/28/2020   1:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just a note ------I would be interested in your forgeries because they are made by someone different than mine . Building a reference library .
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2782 Posts
Posted 10/28/2020   4:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Edited by perf12 - 10/28/2020 4:28 pm
Malaysia
2 Posts
Posted 10/28/2020   9:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add boontau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much perf12, at some point I was suspect is Formosa stamp was it's Cinderella, yesterday night I was searching in Scott and Taiwan local catalog, but I cant find any things at all, and finally I found it in Orbis Stamp Atlas are mentioned about it. I am curious about is Black Flag Republic mentioned in Stanley Gibbon or Yvert catalog?

By the way, above link is a great search.
Edited by boontau - 10/28/2020 9:04 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 10,346Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05