Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Nazi Perfect Aryan Baby Postcards

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 3,104Next Topic  
Rest in Peace
United States
4052 Posts
Posted 07/06/2014   5:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ikeyPikey to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Q/ Has anybody got any of these Nazi Perfect Aryan Baby Postcards?

Here's the baby, now & then:

Here's the back story:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-Jewish.html

I generally refuse to collect postcards that are racist (et al), but I'd make an exception for one of these.

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1324 Posts
Posted 07/16/2014   2:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CanadaStamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see any postcard there. And the whole notion of this is - for some reason -somewhat offensive.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by CanadaStamp - 07/16/2014 2:52 pm
Rest in Peace
United States
4052 Posts
Posted 07/16/2014   3:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The postcards were mentioned in the newspaper article linked in the post; did you, perchance, read it? Cheers,
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2880 Posts
Posted 07/16/2014   3:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rileysan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And the whole notion of this is - for some reason -somewhat offensive.

Nazi propaganda as a whole is offensive. That doesn't make the collecting of 3rd Reich postal history offensive.

I read this article last week, ikeyPikey. I have to see one of these postcards, but I will be keeping my eye out!

Brian
Brian Riley
APS 223349
Rest in Peace
United States
4052 Posts
Posted 07/16/2014   8:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Brian, Greetings:

I decided to run a little experiment. Made these up, printed them as photos (cheap), and plan to leave them with cooperative postcard dealers at the usual bourses & shows.

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey

Valued Member
United States
19 Posts
Posted 02/19/2015   1:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dwaters to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Nazi ideas are offensive, but it must not be forgotten that such things occurred.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5880 Posts
Posted 02/19/2015   3:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add smauggie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hard to find babies offensive. The power of their innocence should overwhelm any hateful propaganda.

Just my two cents.
APS Member #: 222539 AAPE, Maplewood Stamp Club (MN), Northern Philatelic Society, US Philatelic Classics Society, Auxiliary Markings Club, Canal Zone Study Group, Minnesota Postal History Society
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5836 Posts
Posted 02/19/2015   5:16 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The story here isn't about the Nazi propaganda per se, but, and what I presume appeals to Mr iP, the undercutting of the Aryan propaganda by the infiltration of a Jewish baby into the Perfect Aryan Baby photo contest.

As I've mentioned before, I do have deep misgivings about people with no connection to WWIi or museums etc who collect Nazi "memorabilia". But this ain't that.

Geoff
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2671 Posts
Posted 02/19/2015   5:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck finding some of those cards. If they're not all being burnt right now by an old Nazis somewhere in Argentina.
Rest in Peace
United States
4052 Posts
Posted 02/19/2015   6:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've pawed thru a lot of cards in the past nine months, looking for this child.

I found one card with a photo of what could well have been an older sibling, 'cept for the fact that there was no such sibling, and the date range was wrong (mom & dad & babe were long gone from Germany).

It would be too cool to find one to give up looking.

GeoffHa: You found me out ;)

When Prince Harry had his faux pas, a daughter remarked that, since the Nazis took themselves so seriously, it is a sweet revenge to use them as cartoon super-villains & clown fodder ... to re-purpose their uniforms as halloween costumes ... and, to otherwise immortalize them as the 'goose-stepping morons ... who should try reading books, instead of burning them'.

Of course, there are some of our fellow citizens do not ever want to see those uniforms again, ever, for any reason; and there are some of our fellow citizens who look forward to seeing them again ... in Hell.

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 3,104Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05