Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Line Art Postcards

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3683 Posts
Posted 07/10/2014   8:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ikeyPikey to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This thread will be for lovers of Line Art drawings on postcards: clean, simple, elegant ... or not-so-clean, or not-so-simple, or not-so-elegant, as the wind blows.

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
3683 Posts
Posted 07/10/2014   9:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
First blood will be the Ambassador Bridge, which runs between Windsor, Ontario, Canada and Detroit, Michigan, USA.

Suspension bridges are often such graceful structures; about the only thing that can improve them is a nice, clean, simple, elegant line art drawing.

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Rest in Peace
United States
7097 Posts
Posted 07/11/2014   07:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add I_Love_Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's really "swell" to quote your postcard! That is a really neat design on the front and the bridge makes a great subject for line art in my opinion. Thanks for showing it!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3683 Posts
Posted 08/04/2014   4:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a lovely drawing (less line, more art) of the village Turckheim in 'Our Alsace', France.

You can almost hear the chickens clucking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turckheim the commune

http://www.turckheim.com/en/ tourist office

Current events: note the "(Hachette, edit)" in the lower right-hand corner.

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey

Pillar Of The Community
United States
3683 Posts
Posted 08/08/2014   12:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dr Joseph Guttman (of the Steelograph Guttmans) did a lovely job on this (probably) engraving of the Sheraton-Cadillac Hotel in Detroit.

Y'all may notice a faint similarity to the Boon-Cadillac hotel that Bujustu posted at:

http://goscf.com/t/33043#280681

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey

Pillar Of The Community
United States
3683 Posts
Posted 09/07/2014   3:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ILS: its gonna be tough to top the Ambassador Bridge ...

Delaney's Steak House (long gone).

The drawing on this postcard seems good enough to have come from The New Yorker.

http://www.tipsontables.com/delaneys.html ... 1942 restaurant review reprinted at Tips on Tables, with postcards!

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey

Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 09/07/2014   4:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Delaney's Steak House ... today it's a Starbucks!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3683 Posts
Posted 01/17/2015   9:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A line art card of the Hotel Majestic in Utica NY.

The foxing only adds authenticity, right?

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey

Pillar Of The Community
United States
3683 Posts
Posted 01/19/2015   9:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Line Art postcards of Old Quebec:

1) 'Petite Rue Champlain' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petit_Champlain

2) 'Porte Kent Gate' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rampar..._Quebec_City

Sadly, these line art drawings were printed on the coarsest, weakest paper; I guess I'm going to have to break down & buy some of those super-stiff hard-plastic postcard sleeves.

I'd love to know more about the publisher, y'all.

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey

Pillar Of The Community
United States
3683 Posts
Posted 05/08/2015   10:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nicely-textured line art drawing of a windmill.

I know that I will be keeping an eye out for other good work from this artist.

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey

Pillar Of The Community
United States
3683 Posts
Posted 05/19/2015   8:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I could not get anywhere - or, because it is a common phrase, I got to too many anywheres - on the 'ALBERGO TRATTORIA' on the building.

Q/ Could this be a reproduction of an old woodcut, rather than a drawing?

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1272 Posts
Posted 05/19/2015   9:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjpalermo1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Searching the address, rather than the name, rapidly yielded this.

http://www.albergoduemori.it/inglese/prima_en.htm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3683 Posts
Posted 05/31/2015   11:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well done, cjpalermo1964!

The Hotel Restaurant Herberg de Boer'nkinkel is still going strong in beautiful, downtown Hoenderloo NL.

"Welcome to the Tavern Boer'nkinkel. Our family hotel with 6 rooms is located diagonally across from the entrance to the National Park De Hoge Veluwe. The area offers many hiking and cycling opportunities. All rooms are equipped with TV, telephone and wireless internet connection. Our restaurant is very atmospheric and is known for its excellent cuisine."

That the drawing includes the 'Heineken' sign is a nice touch.

The excellent http://www.ArtistsSignatures.com/ offered five (5) 'Willem K', but not one of them was mine

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey

Pillar Of The Community
United States
3683 Posts
Posted 01/03/2016   8:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
United States
845 Posts
Posted 01/19/2016   4:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a fun line art postcard -- only the art is on the back of the card. A bicycle carrier delivery and on New Year's Day to boot!

Pillar Of The Community
United States
3683 Posts
Posted 01/19/2016   6:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a fun version of When Will You Write, of which I have enough cards to call it a Collecting Category.

Q/ Dealers' marks pretty much never make sense to me; do you know what 'R5' might be?

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05