Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Reporting Questionable Ebay Lots?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 2,277Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
81 Posts
Posted 02/18/2015   5:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add BettyAnn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So usually I'm not the reporting type but I came across a seller advertising a set as rare US, but they're cinderellas. I wouldn't be so annoyed except the seller obviously just wants to make money by misrepresenting what he has. His storefront claims him as a stamp dealer so that plus the misleading description is rubbing me the wrong way. Am I being too sensitive and picky? Or does this send off any red alarms with anyone else? Do I report? And am I wrong about this not being an actual set and it's one of the unlisted Scott wonders? It really doesn't look anything like the US EVER put out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Stamps-R...220345747055
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2757 Posts
Posted 02/18/2015   5:37 pm  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It is a set of cinderellas and maybe it is grossly overpriced, but that's not a crime to eBay. If anything it's just listed in the wrong category.

I don't think it's reportable.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
851 Posts
Posted 02/18/2015   6:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rustyc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Battlestamps. I have no particular fondness for Anthony's, and the price seems ridiculous to me, but they are obviously not postage stamps so I don't think there is any deception going on here.
Valued Member
United States
257 Posts
Posted 02/18/2015   6:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JessEm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You could buy them and put one on a letter. Then, when you get caught, maybe they would go down as an accomplice?

Seriously though, the USPS would probably be more interested in them than eBay.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
554 Posts
Posted 02/19/2015   07:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add YeaPolska to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These are the Boxer cinderellas by the Polish master engraver Czeslaw Slania. There's 23 in the whole set so the last one, no. 23 featuring Cassius Clay, appears to be missing. The last two, Sonny Liston & Cassius Clay were engraved & printed later than the others, & in lesser numbers hence their greater price.

Jay Smith usually has good stocks of these, 1-21 go for $7-$15, while 22 &23 go for $35-$40 each.

My first set cost me about $100 which was par for the course here about 15 years ago, & then I spotted another set from Denmark at just under $17 postpaid to Australia which I just had to have at such a bargain price.

The main Slania site has 2 excellent pages devoted to these, worth having a quick look

http://www.slaniastamps-heindorffhu...hletes01.htm

Valued Member
United States
81 Posts
Posted 05/29/2015   02:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BettyAnn to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice,Yea!

I do like the engraving done on them, I have to admit. If I was in to sports or boxing as topicals I'd consider them.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4583 Posts
Posted 05/30/2015   1:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is no "viable" reporting system on eBay that I am aware of today.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 2,277Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05