Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Disney Combat Insignia Stamps

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 3,488Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1159 Posts
Posted 05/24/2016   06:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add sharksfan11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Where could I find good information about these? I have a massive WWII collection and a massive Disney collection so I figured these would be a good fit. If anyone has some I would like to see them.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
893 Posts
Posted 05/24/2016   4:06 pm  Show Profile Check orstampman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add orstampman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Disney War Insignia stamps were manufactured during WWII, by a number of different newspapers (San Francisco Chronicle is one of them). As far as I know, there were at least 3 booklets with descriptions and spaces to mount 50 different stamps each, but there may have been more. They are definitely collectable, but not scarce. I will see if I have any to scan - not sure.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1159 Posts
Posted 05/25/2016   09:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sharksfan11 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These are the first ones I ordered.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
893 Posts
Posted 05/25/2016   10:26 am  Show Profile Check orstampman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add orstampman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, cool! Yes, these are the ones I am familiar with. Notice that they are numbered. #1-50 are in the first book, #51-100 and #101-150 are in books 2 and 3 that were published by the newspapers.
Pillar Of The Community
1515 Posts
Posted 05/25/2016   12:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jenny2U to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's one on cover.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1159 Posts
Posted 05/26/2016   09:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sharksfan11 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From San Francisco.....right up the road from me. :) Very cool!
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36824 Posts
Posted 07/31/2017   06:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Not Disney, but in a similar vein.
Martin Allen Spirit of '42

Valued Member
United States
15 Posts
Posted 06/18/2022   6:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostalCardCachet to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Combat Insignia" Stamps produced by Robert Lash Robbins (Postamp Publishing Company / Poster Stamp Publishing Company) of Chicago, IL exist in 6 volumes. I am having a hard time finding complete sets of Volume 4 and 6, as well as more of these stamps pasted on covers and mailed 1942-1945, especially if they are on 1942-1945 issued FDC's. Here is the complete, as originally issued, intact sheet of the Volume 1, Series 2 (aka Volume 5) stamps displayed by stampfan9 at:

http://goscf.com/t/13703&whichpage=36#559776

Specially printed price stamps -- I have scans for #21, #24, #25, #31, #33, #36, #38, #41, #46. Wanted: scans of any others.

For more "Combat Insignia" Stamps, see my new pages:
https://www.folklib.net/fdc/wwii-co...signia.shtml
https://www.folklib.net/fdc/wwii-co...ignia2.shtml

For many more WW II Patriotics, see:
https://www.folklib.net/fdc/wwii-pa...ersion.shtml

Doug Henkle, henkle@pobox.com

Valued Member
United States
15 Posts
Posted 08/03/2022   9:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostalCardCachet to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

All 251 stamps from Volumes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 are now displayed on my page:
https://www.folklib.net/fdc/wwii-co...signia.shtml

Still searching for scans of "Combat Insignia Volume 6", #1-200.
Work-in-progress page:
https://www.folklib.net/fdc/wwii-co...ignia3.shtml
Pillar Of The Community
United States
893 Posts
Posted 08/04/2022   09:35 am  Show Profile Check orstampman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add orstampman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So cool, PostalCardCachet!

I have the first three books, and a FCD with one applied. Always have loved these!
Valued Member
United States
15 Posts
Posted 08/04/2022   10:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostalCardCachet to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

These are the only First Day Covers I have seen with any of these stamps. To my knowledge, Robert Lash Robbins did not produce any cachets, so I don't know who created the borders around these stamps.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 3,488Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05