Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Here's A Little Eye Candy For Everyone To Enjoy...

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1187 Posts
Posted 09/03/2016   10:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Stampman2002 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

The first is a mint, never hinged block of nine with great color.

Next is a rather large margin example of Scott 65 with a beautiful fancy cancel.

Here's a nice Scott 66P2, Roosevelt Album proof

Next, a nicely centered Scott 117 with a bold red cancel

Last, but by no means least is this large margin Scott 158

Hope you enjoyed the eye candy!
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3376 Posts
Posted 09/03/2016   10:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
OK, I admit ... very impressed. Thanks for posting.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2143 Posts
Posted 09/03/2016   10:30 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It is very hard to tell from a scan, but the upper right corner of the block looks like it may have some gum bleed-through on the perfs, suggesting it is not NH.

I think my favorite is the 117.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
552 Posts
Posted 09/03/2016   10:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ciletaliph to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice fat margins
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2234 Posts
Posted 09/04/2016   06:47 am  Show Profile Check sinclair2010's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sinclair2010 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is the block of nine plated?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1187 Posts
Posted 09/04/2016   07:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No, I haven't had the time to plate it yet.
Pillar Of The Community
Norway
1661 Posts
Posted 09/04/2016   09:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Blaamand to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice stuff
Pillar Of The Community
United States
999 Posts
Posted 09/04/2016   1:27 pm  Show Profile Check ray.mac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ray.mac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Winston, the block is from the top 3 rows, I think? Looks like the repaired relief flaws from the A relief? Not really good with the 3c issue here, but was wondering.. Ray
Pillar Of The Community
United States
999 Posts
Posted 09/04/2016   1:52 pm  Show Profile Check ray.mac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ray.mac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stampman, I was wondering if you have a cert for your 66P2. Only asking because my 65P4 is darker than yours, and I have a certed 66, below. Wondering if your proof is possibly 65P2 instead?

Your proof looks too light and rosy, at least to me, to be lake.
Hope this helps, Ray
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2234 Posts
Posted 09/04/2016   2:52 pm  Show Profile Check sinclair2010's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sinclair2010 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ray, that is correct. I am particularly interested in this block, however.

I am hoping the OP can post high res images of the top three. Even better would be to email me a high res scan (1200 dpi) of the entire block.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4023 Posts
Posted 09/04/2016   3:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am one of those people who over-caution about comparing scans made on different non-NIST-traceable scanners.

If both of you scanned the front of a new box of Post Fruity Pebbles with Bedrock Berry Pink (or any other common pinkish thing with commercial quality color control) ...

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1187 Posts
Posted 09/04/2016   5:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ray,

I thought at first this might a 65P2, so I had Jim Lee look at it. He confirmed it as a 66P2. According the him, there are only a handful (3-5) known and he knows where they all are....

I know, I was hoping....

Thanks for asking.
Greg
Pillar Of The Community
United States
999 Posts
Posted 09/04/2016   6:27 pm  Show Profile Check ray.mac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ray.mac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Stampman.....
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2234 Posts
Posted 09/05/2016   07:16 am  Show Profile Check sinclair2010's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sinclair2010 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The block of nine #26 is 4-26L15. I was hoping for something else...
Pillar Of The Community
United States
527 Posts
Posted 09/05/2016   1:54 pm  Show Profile Check 91stang's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 91stang to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1069 Posts
Posted 02/18/2020   2:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, Stampman2002. Many Thanks for the post!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05