Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Errors, Freaks And Oddities

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 255 / Views: 18,326Next Topic
Page: of 18
Pillar Of The Community
7682 Posts
Posted 05/30/2017   08:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add wert to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi guys...Just posting a Error, Freak and Oddity...There are lots out there that me and others do not know they exist..This may be a good spot to place them for every ones interest...Below is a Scott 945a booklet with a tagging oddity on the top of the bottom right tab..Please post if you have more Error, Freaks and Oddities.

Robert

Send note to Staff
Edited by wert - 05/30/2017 11:11 am

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1330 Posts
Posted 05/30/2017   10:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Too bad that the hook tag flaw wasn't up one position (on the 30 cent stamp). A used 945ii (30 cent hook tag flaw) is catalogued at $25.00.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
7682 Posts
Posted 05/30/2017   10:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
BlackJag...I do have that 945ii..These are just weird/odd things on stamps.
EFOs are one offs and are not constant errors, which would be reported in a catalogue such as Unitrade.

and thanks Paul..

Robert
Edited by wert - 05/30/2017 10:20 am
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1330 Posts
Posted 05/30/2017   10:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A few EFOs from the high value wildlife definitives

SC1687 - Loon (cloudy eye)

SC1687 - Loon (white spot on neck)

SC1687 - Loon (extra feather)

SC 1688 - $1.00 White-tailed Deer (injured knee)

SC 1688 - $1.00 White-tailed Deer (extra hair))

SC 1689 - $1.00 Atlantic Walrus (bloody shoulder)

SC1690 - Polar Bear (bearded bear)

SC1690 - Polar Bear (partially missing letters)

SC1690 - Polar Bear (line above 'D' in 'CANADA')
Edited by BlackJag - 05/30/2017 11:06 am
Valued Member
20 Posts
Posted 05/30/2017   10:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampquestion to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The hook tag flaw is not a 'one off' variety ... it is, quite simply, the best and most important, constant plate variety found on modern Canadian stamps.

See the note at the bottom of page 213 in the 2017 Unitrade.

This variety would be better shown in a 'Constant plate variety' discussion rather than an 'EFO' discussion.
Pillar Of The Community
7682 Posts
Posted 05/30/2017   10:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I like the Scott 1688..
Here is another EFO on a Scott 705..double tagging.

Robert

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1330 Posts
Posted 05/30/2017   10:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Baby Wildlife Definitives - coils

SC2712 $1.20 Mountain Goat - Split Lip (full and close up)

SC2712 $1.20 Mountain Goat - White dot

Baby Wildlife Definitives - booklets

SC2606 $1.34 Fawn - White dot on forehead

SC2606 $1.34 Fawn - Flea at ear

SC2606 $1.34 Fawn - Dot at frame

SC2606 $1.34 Fawn - Different length eyelashes
Pillar Of The Community
7682 Posts
Posted 05/30/2017   11:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
stampquestion..You are correct...Delete that one in your mind..stupid me...haha

Wow BlackJag..Keep em coming..

Robert

Valued Member
20 Posts
Posted 05/30/2017   11:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampquestion to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
wert:

The 705 'double tagging' is not that.

The two extra bars are from the sorting equipment applying their fluorescent coding bars, which are typically applied at the bottom of the envelope. Either these bars were errantly placed elsewhere on the envelope or the stamps themselves were affixed too low on the envelope.

This is not an EFO as it has nothing to do with the printing of the stamps.
Pillar Of The Community
7682 Posts
Posted 05/30/2017   11:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is another one..With donuts on a Scott 657 single and a block...And white spot on chin of diver on donut stamps only.

Robert

Edited by wert - 05/30/2017 11:58 am
Pillar Of The Community
7682 Posts
Posted 05/31/2017   08:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The hook tag flaw is not a 'one off' variety ..

stampquestion..BTW..Welcome to the forum..I know the "Hook flaw" is a constant on the Scott 782, 783, etc...Which appears on the right vertical tagging bar....And it appears on the Scott 945 single stamp, but here it is NOT on the single stamp in the booklet 945a...It appears on the bottom right advertising tap on this booklet...

Am I correct, or talking through my hat..?

Here are a few more interesting EFO's.

Scott 925 with a purple cloud next to the tower.

Scott 544a with white line trough 2 top stamps.

Scott 650 - Double red donuts on ladies dress.

Edited by wert - 05/31/2017 09:45 am
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
602 Posts
Posted 05/31/2017   3:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 3Dadeo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
wert, the "hook tag" flaw appears on different locations, but is still constant.

I sold a stamp recently where the flaw was on the attached selvedge below the stamp.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1330 Posts
Posted 05/31/2017   8:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
SC935 $1.50 Waterton Lakes

Fire in the mountain

White dot in the mountain
Pillar Of The Community
7682 Posts
Posted 06/01/2017   08:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
wert, the "hook tag" flaw appears on different locations, but is still constant.

I sold a stamp recently where the flaw was on the attached selvedge below the stamp.

3Dadeo I DID NOT realize that it could appear on advertising tabs..Thought it only appeared on the stamps alone..Hey, you learn some thing new every day when you post stupid comments like I did...haha

Wonder what percentages there are of it appearing on stamps vursus tabs..?

Robert

BlackJag..Nice finds...Good eye my friend.
Rest in Peace
Canada
5701 Posts
Posted 06/01/2017   09:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert, your "purple cloud" variety exists in several different states.

BeeSee in BC
"The Postmark is Mightier than the Stamp"
http://brcstamps.com ---- BNAPS, RPSC, APS
Pillar Of The Community
812 Posts
Posted 06/01/2017   10:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sak to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I always thought there was some sort of cloud over the Parliament buildings

Not a freak or oddity... an error, maybe?
Page: of 18 Previous TopicReplies: 255 / Views: 18,326Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05