Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canada 158iii bluenose man in the mast mint for sale vgg cert  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
109 Posts
Posted 03/29/2018   6:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add audetnelson1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
i decided to sell my man in the mast bluenose variety. The stamp is a beauty and come with a VGG cert.
contact me by e-mail if you have any interrest

*** Private information removed by Staff. Please do not post your address/email/phone number etc. ***

i need 1000$ CDN in my pockett for it.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1121 Posts
Posted 03/29/2018   7:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You should post a photo of the stamp and a of the VGG with your name and address erased.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1422 Posts
Posted 03/29/2018   7:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Renden to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Nelson....post a scan + VGG cert and you will sell it !

René
Valued Member
Canada
109 Posts
Posted 03/29/2018   8:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add audetnelson1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
Canada
109 Posts
Posted 03/29/2018   8:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add audetnelson1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
pictures in my previous reply. at 1000$ cdn its a bargains for the buyer !!
Paypal friends only ! shipping paid by the buyer ! I prefer ship by fedex its way more secure for a great item like that !
Pillar Of The Community
2808 Posts
Posted 03/30/2018   11:24 am  Show Profile Check jogil's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What is the current catalogue value for it?
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1422 Posts
Posted 03/30/2018   1:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Renden to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Unitrade Canada 2018, 158iii "man on the mast" variety: $3,000.00 + 100%NH = $6,000 for a VF copy and $3000.00 for a Fine copy with 100%NH. This stamp being OG and NH qualifies for the NH%100 by Unitrade.
Please note that I am not grading Nelson's 158iii.

René
Edited by Renden - 03/30/2018 1:19 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3433 Posts
Posted 03/30/2018   1:20 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
NH? Isn't that a hinge mark?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2908 Posts
Posted 03/30/2018   1:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Also, note that Unitrade states that a Never-Hinged Pricing factor counts full value for a VF copy only. A Fine NH copy would only have a 50% factor as compared to the VF copy.

Therefore, using the 2018 prices quoted,

VF-NH = $3000 + 100% for NH = $6000
F - NH = $1500 + 50% for NH = $2250
They also calculate that a F-VF NH would be half-way between these two, or $4125

I also agree that I see some sort of Hinge Mark, and the VGG cert does not state NH.
Valued Member
Canada
109 Posts
Posted 03/30/2018   3:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add audetnelson1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
yes the stamp have a hinges mark. For me the stamp is fine-VF. its not vf but its better than fine condition...its a very nice stamp. The catalogue value for a fine-VF with hinge is 2250 so my asking price is less than 50% I think its very honnest...

when I bought it from probably the best canada stamp dealer the grade was F-VF
Edited by audetnelson1 - 03/30/2018 3:49 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1422 Posts
Posted 03/30/2018   4:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Renden to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Partime,

you are right with the calculations based on Unitrade.....they are so complicated !!
You will note that I did not grade Nelson's stamps......I like to have it in front of me which is not the case here.
Excellent bargain for this stamp ! If you like the bargain.....
René
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1422 Posts
Posted 03/30/2018   6:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Renden to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Partime

Quote:
I also agree that I see some sort of Hinge Mark, and the VGG cert does not state NH.

I have not seen, yet, a VGG cert that grades a stamp (like MNH vs MH etc)

Have you ?

René
Valued Member
182 Posts
Posted 03/30/2018   11:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add archerg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Alphonse & Gaston:

Bonne chance a vendre ton timbre.

VGGF certs state condition of gum on mint. Yours is just OG, with obvious hinge mark. I have seen hundreds of certs stating OG, NH.

The VGGF does not rank or grade submitted stamps, it documents an opinion based on factual observations.

Valued Member
Canada
109 Posts
Posted 04/04/2018   2:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add audetnelson1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
still for sale !!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.71 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05