Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Dealing With Ebay Changes: Specifically Ended Items

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,129Next Topic  
Forum Dad
Learn More...
USA
1778 Posts
Posted 08/14/2018   3:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Any of you that deal with eBay have likely noticed that a lot of times now when going to a closed listing you are automagically redirected to a "similar" listing and can't see the closed item.

I just spent a few hours here fixing (hopefully) this for links from here.

The listing title in the url now has to be a dash and nordt=true has to be a query string for it to show the closed item every time.

Clear your history since most browsers cache redirects and see if it works for you.

The link in the post will still have the title for SEO purposes, but it should be stripped and replaced with a dash on the landing page.

Try these, it's ended:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GB-1990-Pe...302825431712

https://www.ebay.com/itm/302825431712
Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35468 Posts
Posted 08/14/2018   5:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Works for me. Thank you.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
2030 Posts
Posted 08/14/2018   6:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Works for me too. Thanks bobby!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
822 Posts
Posted 08/14/2018   8:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moyock13 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes sir! Thanks for the fix!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
882 Posts
Posted 08/14/2018   8:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Philatarium to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks very much! That's a very helpful workaround!
-- Japan, Korea, Trucial States, Swiss booklets & more on HipStamp: https://www.hipstamp.com/store/the-philatarium

long-term member: American Philatelic Society, Int'l Society for Japanese Philately, & others
Pillar Of The Community
United States
532 Posts
Posted 08/18/2018   7:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great news! If you click on an ended item eBay now has at the top left of the note "The listing you're looking for has ended" the clickable option: "View original item". Problem solved I hope.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5441 Posts
Posted 08/18/2018   8:30 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's nothing new. It's been that way since the beginning of this change. The problem is that depending on your device, browser, or app, not everyone gets a link back to the original listing. Sometimes you just get redirected to a new item without a link back.

It's an absolutely horrible change by eBay.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
USA
1778 Posts
Posted 08/19/2018   09:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have voiced my opinion (and conveyed those here) in several texts with execs. No guarantees but I figured it couldn't hurt.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,129Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05