Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Albumeasy V3.9 Hot Off The Press

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Canada
204 Posts
Posted 10/07/2018   6:02 pm  Show Profile Check clivel's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add clivel to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I must apologise for a new release so soon after the last, but I suspect that some users may find the added commands, and the new column mode in particular, useful now rather than having to wait months for a release.

In effect the column mode divides the page into two independent vertical columns which should provide added flexibility and hopefully allow for page layouts that were previously difficult or impossible to create. The Columns.txt example album file included with this release serves to illustrate the usage of this column mode.

Other than the new commands listed below this release contains no other bug fixes or enhancements. So for those users who already have V3.8 installed, unless they have a need for these new features, there is little reason to upgrade.
  • PAGE_COLUMN_START, PAGE_COLUMN_NEXT and PAGE_COLUMN_STOP commands to split a page into vertical columns for added flexibility when laying out pages.
  • STAMP_ADD_OVAL command for creating oval and circular stamp frames.
  • ALBUM_TITLE and ALBUM_AUTHOR commands to set the title and author attributes of the PDF document. These attributes, visible only in the PDF file properties, have no effect on the printed output.
As always, AlbumEasy is completely free and open source. Versions for Windows and Linux as well as the source code may be downloaded from the web site.

Clive

Send note to Staff
AlbumEasy - Free software for creating custom stamp album pages

Valued Member
United States
306 Posts
Posted 10/07/2018   7:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Clive:

BwanaBob will love you.

Perfin_RK, maybe not so much.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Canada
204 Posts
Posted 10/07/2018   7:40 pm  Show Profile Check clivel's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add clivel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
BwanaBob will love you.

Perfin_RK, maybe not so much.

Now I just need to find the evil grin emoticon
Valued Member
South Africa
229 Posts
Posted 10/08/2018   05:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perfin_RK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks clive, thanks very much. Sigh.......
lol

anyway guys here is the the new hot off the press PDF files

A4 PDF https://drive.google.com/open?id=1J...XSNu3cqp063t

Letter Size https://drive.google.com/open?id=1O...5XOTTaGTF-Yd
Valued Member
South Africa
229 Posts
Posted 10/08/2018   05:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perfin_RK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Clive maybe you should start a thread "AlbumEasy New Releases" thread lol.

Ray
Valued Member
Canada
204 Posts
Posted 10/08/2018   10:01 am  Show Profile Check clivel's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add clivel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
anyway guys here is the the new hot off the press PDF files

Wow that was quick, thanks Ray I have added your updated reference manuals to the web site as well.
Clive
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
Posted 10/09/2018   08:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BwanaBob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes indeed. Great update. Many thanks, Clive.
Valued Member
Canada
32 Posts
Posted 10/13/2018   2:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ISWSC Webmaster to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
In effect the column mode divides the page into two independent vertical columns which should provide added flexibility and hopefully allow for page layouts that were previously difficult or impossible to create.

This is an excellent addition to your already excellent tool.

All the best,
Valued Member
Canada
204 Posts
Posted 10/13/2018   3:05 pm  Show Profile Check clivel's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add clivel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, BwanaBob & ISWSC Webmaster,
I hope that you find the additions useful :)
Clive
Edited by clivel - 10/13/2018 3:06 pm
Valued Member
South Africa
229 Posts
Posted 10/15/2018   06:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perfin_RK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello all I started a thread for Hints and tips, if anyone is interested.

http://goscf.com/t/64054

Ray
Pillar Of The Community
United States
925 Posts
Posted 11/11/2018   1:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spain_1850 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
First off, let me say what a pleasure it is using AlbumEasy. I absolutely love it!

I would however like to ask if there is a way to rotate stamp boxes, by degrees?

Also, is there a way to "warp" stamp rows to create arcs and such?

Are these things even possible, and are they things that you have toyed with?
Valued Member
Canada
204 Posts
Posted 11/12/2018   11:21 am  Show Profile Check clivel's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add clivel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi spain_1850,
I am pleased that you find AlbumEasy useful.
Unfortunately the current version does not support rotation of stamp boxes but I have added it as an idea to my list of possible future enhancements.
Warping of stamp rows would be far more difficult to implement however, and given that AE is not a graphical program I am not even sure how one would specify the "warpage", so it is not something I could see myself adding.
Regards,
Clive
Learn More...
7417 Posts
Posted 11/12/2018   11:27 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...I am not even sure how one would specify the "warpage"...

Hi Clive,
Typically draw apps use a 'align to path' option. So the user would place a curved object and then align the objects to the baseline of the curve.

But I concur that this would represent a significant amount of work.
Don
Valued Member
Canada
204 Posts
Posted 11/12/2018   11:32 am  Show Profile Check clivel's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add clivel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Don,
That would be the correct way of doing it, but given the complexity I think that I will leave it for someone else to implement
Clive
Valued Member
United States
306 Posts
Posted 11/12/2018   4:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Clive:
Perhaps Don can be bribed ... or hired.

Smart-a$$ Bob
Edited by uboatnut - 11/12/2018 4:10 pm
Valued Member
South Africa
229 Posts
Posted 01/05/2019   07:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perfin_RK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Has anyone got a Southern Rhodesia and Rhodesia album TXT files even if they are unfinished and need
work on, don't want to re-invent the wheel if anyone has got.
I have a Rhodesia and Nysaland file adapted to my stamps if anyone is interested, no catalogue numbers just numbered to index pages I'm busy with, if anyone is interested.

Ray
Regards Ray
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05