Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Calling Guatamalan Experts

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
907 Posts
Posted 11/30/2009   5:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add WpgLwr to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Found two strange stamps in a mixture. They're very basic, just two framelines and print, no pictures or anything.

Both say the following, and the print and dividing lines are centered:

____

Rpbca do Guata

___

Cinco (or Diaz) Centavos

The Five Centavo one appears to be purple, the Ten Centavo one red.

Any idea what these are?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6710 Posts
Posted 11/30/2009   5:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add khj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not a stamp expert and I don't collect revenues, but if it looks like this

then I believe it's a Guatamalan tax stamp. I'm open to correction on that statement.

k

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
907 Posts
Posted 11/30/2009   8:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add WpgLwr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, that's what it looks like. Makes sense to me that it would be a revenue. Thanks!
Valued Member
United States
199 Posts
Posted 03/01/2011   11:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add otto to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Gotta love this community. Was puzzling over these two stamps below and found this topic.

Thing is, I don't find these in the Scott Catalogue. Too mundane to bother?
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9741 Posts
Posted 03/02/2011   09:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This was a tough one..i went through 4 books on Guatemala I have them in the back of my album noted only as 1894 fiscals ..they were printed by an unknown printer ...for some unknown reason many were forged...its a good chance whats floating around including mine are fakes or forgeries..thats ok theres room for them also !!
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Valued Member
United States
199 Posts
Posted 03/02/2011   09:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add otto to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Far out! Thanks for the info, Phil.
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9741 Posts
Posted 03/02/2011   10:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No problem....these guys can be found in Guatemala mixtures..they always seem to be unused...the Guatemala experts that know everything about Guatemala postal history from the time of the early Spanish explorers say very little about them....i doubt if they saw much postal use..otherwise someone would have shown the envelope with it on...,
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5709 Posts
Posted 03/02/2011   10:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cjd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If they are tax stamps, then Scott would not list them unless Scott believed they were declared to be valid for postage at some point. (Generally speaking...)
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9741 Posts
Posted 03/02/2011   11:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
True, they would be on paper such as bills etc..but still hard to find a paper trail...i posted under cinderellas how many of us have revenues and fiscals off paper...interesting why they were all soaked off their original papers...
Pillar Of The Community
United States
914 Posts
Posted 03/02/2011   11:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rlorenz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Like Phil I have only seen them unused I have several complete sets and in blocks of 4 but always unused. Would be cool to find some with a legit cancel
rick l
APS# 214326, I.S.G.C.# 979
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4343 Posts
Posted 12/19/2014   6:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just wanted to add my two recent pages made up to this subject -----
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4343 Posts
Posted 12/19/2014   6:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
SCF Advertiser
Learn More...
Canada
221 Posts
Posted 02/12/2019   4:49 pm  Show Profile Check steve123's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add steve123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is a very old thread but I thought I would add one of the varieties. In one block, horizontally, the top row has "I894" and the bottom row has "1894". I don't know if it would be consistent across the whole strip within the block or not. The different fonts are below (I merged two files, not as they appear in the block):

And....I almost missed it! Imperf horizontally!

Moreland Revenue Stamps
Specializing in Canadian Revenues
Also Canada / USA EFO's
www.morelandrevenuestamps.com

Edited by steve123 - 02/12/2019 4:59 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.03 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05