Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

2018 Scott Minuteman Album Supplement

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

138 Posts
Posted 02/10/2019   6:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add MrEos to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It's time for my annual ritual of adding the new supplement pages to the album, and seeing how many of the spots still need to be filled.

This year's supplement has 11 pages, plus 2 pages for duck stamps. This includes a page each for the Art of Magic lenticular and Sparkling Holidays souvenir sheets. Not counting these, there are 102 spots for stamps.

With the stamps I saved from home & office mail over the year, I filled 65 of the spots (64%). Not bad compared to previous years:

2017 - 54%

2016 - 74%

2015 - 62%

2014 - 67%

I haven't received any 2019 stamps yet... so it might be a lean year.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
683 Posts
Posted 02/10/2019   7:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's a remarkable achievement! Once you subtract the endless supply of the same boring Nonprofit Org. and Presorted Standard stamps on junk mail, I see very few recent issues on my mail. Most of the mail I get with stamps on it at all is stuff from stamp dealers on eBay using old stock for postage.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
256 Posts
Posted 02/11/2019   1:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
MrEos, I am always looking for trading partners for relatively current used US stamps.
Valued Member
102 Posts
Posted 02/13/2019   3:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perf10 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What kind of office do you work in? With many bills still paid by mail I've wondered if the local utility or telephone company or similar would be the best place to find new issues in postally used form.
Valued Member
138 Posts
Posted 02/15/2019   1:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MrEos to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Perf - my office is not high-volume mail, but I pick up 5 +/- needed stamps a month.

wkusau - I sent you an email through the system. If you didn't get it, try emailing me at my user name @charter.net.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.37 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05