Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Collecting New US Stamps

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 754Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
Posted 06/20/2020   3:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Edward Gilpin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Where are people buying their new US stamps - the Philatelic Catalog now doesn't even allow us to buy in blocks of 4 !! I can't afford to buy new stamps by the sheet ... all I want is a SINGLE stamp for my collection
Send note to Staff

Learn More...
9752 Posts
Posted 06/20/2020   3:32 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome.

One of the best new US stamp sources is the postmaster (Maurice) at the Oneco, Connecticut post office. He keeps a full stock of US stamps and welcomes servicing collectors. He sells singles and there is no charge for shipping. He can be reached at 1104 Plainfield Pike, Oneco, CT 06373 or 860-564-5601.

Don
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
576 Posts
Posted 06/21/2020   10:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eligies to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If the issue is designated a 'sheet' item a custom order request for 4-stamps can be made. (Those listed as FULL PANE are not available for custom order) An additional fee of $2.30 is required for any custom order (regardless of the # of blocks). The base item # is required with the last 2-digits being 01.. (Thus the order # would be the 1st 4-digits of the item with '01' as the last 2)
Valued Member
United States
17 Posts
Posted 06/21/2020   11:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add davef to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have no idea where you live but if there is a small post office near you that does not have computers yet perhaps they will sell you small quantities. I have a small post office within 10 miles of me and the postmaster will normally sell me any amount of stamps I want. In the past she has even offered to near booklets apart so I can get what I want.

Not sure why they have no computer but if I try to do the USPS survey they tell me there is no post office there. The post office serves a town of about 200 people.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 754Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.12 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05