Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Album Labels - Where'd They All Go?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 762Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2020 Posts
Posted 07/22/2020   1:01 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Stamps1962 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Subway is now reopen and I now cannot locate any of their album labels. They used to carry a stock of these, preprinted and also custom. All I can find are Scott labels, not suitable for the Lindner albums I want to use them for. Safe product used to make a line of labels. pre-titled for various areas. Ditto, no luck.

Palo offers labels at $1.25, custom made so those may be where I will go. Just wondering if anyone else has any suggestions for me.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5780 Posts
Posted 07/22/2020   3:29 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Schaubek makes labels - may be too wide for Limdner albums, though.

https://www.schaubek.de/labels
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
327 Posts
Posted 07/22/2020   9:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coastwatcher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I use Palo labels on all of my albums except for Scott and I really like them. You might want to wait until you need several before ordering, though, as postage on just one or two labels can make them cost prohibitive.
Pillar Of The Community
1015 Posts
Posted 07/22/2020   11:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Schaubek's labels are in German. Somehow I doubt most English speakers will want that. What's wrong with ordering labels from Amos Advantage (Amos Media aka Scott Publishing)? They can be trimmed fairly easily to fit the spines of most albums. Scott Specialty labels are dark pebbled green, and they also sell some Minkus labels in a maroon red.

https://www.amosadvantage.com/store...pages/labels

(Good luck with the extremely slow loading, and I have no idea where Amos hides the Minkus labels but I have managed to buy some at times)

I wonder if there's some alternative? With all the improvements in printing technology (you can even "print" 3D plastic objects now!), surely there must be a way to print labels with a long-lasting adhesive on them in different colors that could be used on the spines of albums?
Edited by DrewM - 07/22/2020 11:58 pm
Learn More...
9680 Posts
Posted 07/23/2020   04:29 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Brother P-touch PT-D600 PC-Connectable Label Maker

I recommend buying this $59.95 label printer from NewEgg on eBay, here is link 381136194700

It connects to your computer (if desired) via USB (plug and play), makes good looking and inexpensive labels for any stamp album. Is also useful for labeling things around the house. (My wife's spice rack needed some labeling help and this worked great, same for my tool box in the garage.) It is powered via an external power supply (included) or you can use batteries. Since it has a display and can be powered by batteries, you can print label anywhere if desired (although I find myself mostly connecting to the PC and using the application software). It supports any font.

You can buy label stock, from Brother or countless third parties on Amazon, in endless amounts of colors including transparent background. The gold on transparent label stock is a good solution for Scott National albums as shown here

Labels can include graphics, like my HPO Bus shown below, if desired.

Don

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5780 Posts
Posted 07/23/2020   06:40 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Or, radical idea, I know, you could write on a piece of card and put it in the pocket on the album's spine ...
Valued Member
United States
299 Posts
Posted 05/30/2021   11:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Safe product used to make a line of labels. pre-titled for various areas. Ditto, no luck.

Perhaps you didn't look hard enough? https://www.safepub.com/stamp-colle...ls-stickers/
Pillar Of The Community
1015 Posts
Posted 05/31/2021   01:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Since this thread has been resurrected, I'll just add that the P-Touch label-maker is a great product. I have a less expensive one than the one mentioned above, and so far I've only used white labels, but they're very good labels made out of of laminated material, and the adhesive actually does hold for a long time.

That matters. My experience with a lot of adhesive products is that the adhesive is their weak point so the label eventually falls off. My P-Touch labels have been on the spines of about 40 stock books for maybe five years now, and not one has fallen off or even come loose. I've been doing another test with a label I removed from one stock book and put onto the spine of a Scott binder just to see how long a used P-Touch label would stay in place. It's been solidly on that binder for about a year now with no sign of falling off. So far, so good. That's impressive.

The P-Touch label maker lets you choose among different fonts, too.

Mine is a smaller version that only makes labels with one line of text. If you want multiple lines of text, be sure to get a model that does that.

I've had mine for a few years now, and it really works well. Replacement label tapes are available in different types and colors. I think you can swap them out, changing from one type to another, though I've only been using the white tape so far, so I'm not positive about that. Good product. In fact, if you can print labels on clear tape, they will look exactly like the material of the album you put them on, so why would you use anything else?
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 762Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05