Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Experts Book On Wash / Franklin Issues By Paul Schmid Avail As PDF ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 672Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
12 Posts
Posted 08/05/2020   04:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Jimdendy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I understand that the experts book has been out of print for some time and I have given up trying to find a copy on an auction site for over 6 months anything under $100 ...
I came across some mention on another site that 51Studebaker (Don) has digitized this publication and would be able to put me in contact to purchase a PDF copy... this would be really great if this is true..
TIA
Send note to Staff
Edited by Jimdendy - 08/05/2020 05:07 am

Valued Member
Learn More...
Netherlands
340 Posts
Posted 08/05/2020   05:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dutch US Stamp Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
following this as also interested
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn More...
8500 Posts
Posted 08/05/2020   08:32 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have sent each of you his contact information.
Don
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
Posted 08/05/2020   11:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Molokai to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I follow the stamp book market (I know, a lot of paint drying) and this book runs hot and not-so-hot. As Jimdendy notes, right now no copies up for less than over $100.00. Still, patience can be a virtue - I purchased my first about three years ago for $65, sold it for $90. The edition I have now I found on eBay for $45.00. What sellers ask and what copies ultimately sell for are not the same. My front-line sources are eBay, Amazon, ABE and Phil Bransner.

Glad to hear there is a .pdf for those who only desire the information!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
621 Posts
Posted 08/05/2020   4:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jarnick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I sold a copy on eBay a couple of months ago. Started it at $20, it sold for $83.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1889 Posts
Posted 08/05/2020   4:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I bought that book several years ago and do not remember spending anything near $100-!

Jack Kelley
Valued Member
United States
12 Posts
Posted 09/26/2020   11:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jimdendy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
51studebaker .. could I impose on you to send me Mr. Schmidt's email information again regarding purchase of the expert book.. I just realized I had not emailed him yet...I've spent two hours looking for it and unable to find it
My email is *** Private information removed by Staff. Please do not post your address/email/phone number etc. ***

Thanks much !
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3612 Posts
Posted 09/27/2020   12:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Remove your email info. He can email you directly through the syste.
Learn More...
8500 Posts
Posted 09/27/2020   03:48 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jim.
Email sent.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1889 Posts
Posted 09/27/2020   08:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I got my book on Amazon.
Learn More...
8500 Posts
Posted 09/27/2020   09:18 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I think Paul sells the CD version for around $45, it includes:

High_Resolution_TheExpertsBook_revA.pdf - This is the high-resolution PDF of The Expert's Book. Although a large file (155 MB), it is scanned at 600 d.p.i. and provides the highest quality file. Suitable for desktop or laptop computers.

Optimized_TheExpertsBook_revA.pdf - This is an optimized version of The Expert's Book. Scanned at a lower resolution (150 d.p.i.), it is a much smaller, performance orientated file ( 20 MB). It is suitable for lower powered devices such as tablets or smartphones.

Printable_Wooksheet_revA.pdf - This is a printable version of the worksheet found in The Expert'sd Guide. Once printed, it can be used as you undertake your examination of individual stamps.

The PDFs are fully searchable.
Don
Valued Member
United States
12 Posts
Posted 09/28/2020   10:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jimdendy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
51studebaker ...Don .. I had a reply from Paul Schmid regarding the experts book and he said that he is currently out of CDs and his needs to reach you to see about having some more made ... I gave him your email address that I had from your email a few days ago and he said it came back today as undeliverable as addressed ...
Maybe you are able to reach out to him and see about getting some more CD's made because I would sure love to have one and Facebook page for stamp collecting that I'm a member of with over 7,000 numbers is also very interested in quite a few copies
Thanks
Learn More...
8500 Posts
Posted 09/29/2020   03:27 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jim,
Thanks, I heard from Paul last night and will be getting him some more CDs in the next day or so.
Don
Valued Member
United States
386 Posts
Posted 09/29/2020   05:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Walkman82 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am also interested in buying a copy of the CD when available. Who do I need to contact?

Scott
Member APS #174069, PNC3 #2386, AFDCS #29532O, PSS #8418

Plate Number Coil Collectors Club (www.PNC3.org)

Coil Line (club newsletter) Editor & Webmaster

Visit my website @ www.scottsstampcollection.com
Learn More...
8500 Posts
Posted 09/29/2020   07:35 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scott,
Email sent with Paul's contact info.
Don
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 672Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05