Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Good Advice Will Greatly Be Appricated,

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 502Next Topic  
Valued Member
United Kingdom
18 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   6:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Cumer Canitez to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello Fellows

I have already sent some topic asking about

http://goscf.com/t/75673

I am advised, they are fake,

I would like some advice on these if possible, I have got countless stamps since 2009, these are a few of them pages, I am just wondering how good are they?

they have cost me between $3-4k over the years,(I am surprised, I had paid more than $600 just for postages)

ps: it is not just what I have posted here, there are more but it may not be fair to ask every one of them to be inspected,

thanks for your assistants' dear fellows....

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4350 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   6:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Who is your source for these stamps? Where did you get the forged/fake officials?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by redwoodrandy - 01/14/2021 7:10 pm
Valued Member
United Kingdom
18 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   6:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cumer Canitez to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, all my stamps come from the US, that is why I gave prices in dollars, whereas I live in the UK, after spending some time with my stamps, I have gone back to my purchases emails from 2009 to the date, I have noticed some of them sellers are still on eBay,
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5983 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   7:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cumer - What is it that you want to know exactly? Let us know and we can better help you.

Shukran
Valued Member
Canada
190 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   10:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cumer - it's preferred that you don't post links in a thread, even if they are within the Site or appear to be. You just never know where it will take you, so I don't touch them. Some of the stamps in the first few images look too good to be true. Perhaps you can take individual scans of some of them. It's my belief that all old Argentina stamps from this issue, the 15 Centavos are fake unless you can prove they are real. You can Google album weeds or forgeries and come up with some pics to compare.

***Mod Strike Out Above - Guidelines are herehttps://www.stampcommunity.org/sc_t...ng_links.asp
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4350 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   10:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No links ? Really ?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1884 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   11:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I post links all the time. What would be the issue with posting legitimate links?

Cumer, you have A LOT of stamps in your post, and many are partially covered by approval cards. You will get better help and engagement from folks on the forum if you pick just a few stamps at a time.

Select 3 stamps that you are most concerned about, and scan them on a scanner, 1 at a time. Minimum should be 300 dpi, but 600 and 1200 DPI are better. Photos are not as good. This method will provide large, crisp, sharp images for viewers.

Before uploading the images, make sure to reduce the size of the photos to 200K using the "Free Image Optimizer." A link to the image optimizer can be found on the page where you post messages- see screen shot below. If the image is small, click on it and you'll see a very large version.

Good luck- we're all here to help.

Edited by shermae - 01/14/2021 11:35 pm
Valued Member
United Kingdom
18 Posts
Posted 01/15/2021   12:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cumer Canitez to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much for your opinions, I am sorry for the inconvenience it has caused, I didnot realize I must not insert links, please accept my apologies and excuse my ignorance,

One point I shall make, if it wasn't for the sake of this ongoing Pandemic which we are all being locked it one way or another, I would not even have remembered that I had so many stamps, as I mentioned I have purchased them within years and I remember I have stopped buying them after my wife wasn't so happy with me spending an excessive amount of money for them, I also remember I had got angry with my 2 years boy after he has torn to pieces some of the stamps(picture four -Kansas)but I was very regret of what I did then, He is now 13 and when I showed him what he has done, we have laughed all about it :)

Anyway, As I said, I forgot all about my collection, it looks like it is worth to look into it,

once again, I am grateful to be accepted within your community, and I will follow your advice regarding provide scanned photos of some of the stamps which I might want to find out more about them

Thanks to you all,

By the way, all of them priced up stamps and catalog numbers written down, they all have been on there when I received them, I don't know that much about stamps to give them values, I assume some expert or people who have some knowledge they have given them values...
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4350 Posts
Posted 01/15/2021   01:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I assume some expert or people who have some knowledge they have given them values...

Incorrect assumption!
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 502Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.27 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05