Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is There A Book That Shows The Different Postmarks?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 655Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
30 Posts
Posted 03/28/2021   1:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add postalpicker to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I see sellers on eBay getting $20, $30 or more for basic British stamps used in Gibraltar or any other British Possession.
Is the any publication that can show a listing of the different postmarks fro the different countries.
I have started to make a list from what I see on sales of stamps on eBay.
i.e.
C35 Columbia
C56 Cartegena

Thanks in advance
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
2118 Posts
Posted 03/28/2021   1:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.stampboards.com/viewtop...hp?p=3802841

Columbia Canada or USA?

The town in Panamá is called Colombia, as is the country bordering on Panamá.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by NSK - 03/28/2021 1:25 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6864 Posts
Posted 03/28/2021   4:01 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From memory, Gibbons's Commonwealth catalogue includes the GB used abroad.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
2231 Posts
Posted 03/28/2021   4:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes GeoffHa is right. The Gibbons catalogue has a comprehensive listing of GB stamps used overseas.
Valued Member
United States
30 Posts
Posted 03/28/2021   4:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add postalpicker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the help
Valued Member
United States
30 Posts
Posted 03/28/2021   5:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add postalpicker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just went and took a look on eBay and there are many variations under the heading of

Stanley Gibbons Commonwealth catalog
A whole lot to choose from, but none seem to specify that they show postmarks, is there a web site that has this listing?

One seller on eBay has a photo of a 2015 catalog, and in their description they have a printed date of 1900.
And they are so busy that they cannot answer any emails.
Valued Member
United States
30 Posts
Posted 03/28/2021   5:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add postalpicker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the page I was speaking about

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stanley-Gi...143926993465

I bought a catalog from a seller on eBay and they have it in their description that the photo may not be an actual representation of the item that is for sale.
I did not see that notation, and the photo showed a 2015 edition, what I got was a 1976 edition, and they had the gall to say I should have researched the ISBN number for the proper cover design.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
901 Posts
Posted 03/28/2021   5:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
postalpicker

Thanks for posting. Sellers who advertise a 2015 Edition and deliver a 1976 Edition won't get my business. Seller has feedback covering 2 1/2 million transactions.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6864 Posts
Posted 03/28/2021   6:30 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes - a 1976 edition would sell for around £5. Should be returned or refunded - using stock eBay images for different items really isn't on.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36823 Posts
Posted 03/28/2021   6:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just posted 3 days ago...........
http://goscf.com/t/54589&whichpage=30#687856 br /

Example
C35 Colombia: Panama (Now in Panama)
C/35 India : Guntur, Madras
C36 Peru: Arica (Now in Chile)

C56 Colombia : Cartegena
C/56 India , Secunderabad, Hyderabad.

etc & etc

A great resource, but terribly bound Monograph, glued spine
Very difficult to open, without risking cracking the spine.

I paid $48 AUD shipped.

Edited by rod222 - 03/28/2021 6:43 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
2231 Posts
Posted 03/29/2021   12:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is the page I was speaking about

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stanley-Gi...143926993465

I bought a catalog from a seller on eBay and they have it in their description that the photo may not be an actual representation of the item that is for sale.
I did not see that notation, and the photo showed a 2015 edition, what I got was a 1976 edition, and they had the gall to say I should have researched the ISBN number for the proper cover design.

When I had an eBay account that was the sort of seller I'd avoid at all costs. The neutrals & negatives are a giveaway.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 655Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05