I bought my first kiloware purchase from Nordfrim and it arrived today. When I opened the box I was stunned by the amount of stamps I have to sort through, but that's not a problem as I will certainly have a good time sorting through them. I bought 1 kilogram which is 2.2 pounds on paper.
I have a few questions but first I want to list the steps that I will go through.
1. Turn on some good music to listen to, Amazon
Music 70's Mello Gold :)
2. Start with a hand full at a time.
3. Trim the excess paper off. This gives me the opportunity to inspect the stamp: cut or torn, self adhesive or not, on colored paper to be separated out.
4. Fill a Tupperware bowl with room temperature water.
5. Place stamps in the bowl.
6. After 15-20 minutes check to see if they are off the paper.
7. Place stamps in a drying book.
8. When stamps are dry, sort them by country.
9. Place stamps in glassine envelope sorted by country.
Does it matter if the stamps are placed in the bowl face up or down?
I have read somewhere that people put a drop or two of dish soap in the water. Is this advisable and if so why?
All advice is appreciated.