Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

We Close Our Eyes & Still See Stamps.

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3662 Posts
Posted 06/06/2019   6:56 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All my computer bits a pieces are still elsewhere and still have another 27 plastic tubs to fit in somewhere.

My desk top!

Work in progress!

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by KGV Collector - 06/06/2019 6:59 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3662 Posts
Posted 06/06/2019   7:00 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Some more materials to make a plant nursery look more like a landscape. 160m2 of natural sandstone pavers, 60 of 2.4 treated pine sleepers, 40 lattice panels 1.8m x .9m. Still need 8m3 crusher dust & 4m3 of brickies loam + cement. My son arrives tomorrow to put it all in place. Am a tradesman bricklayer/stone mason but can I manage to do the labouring and still cut the stone with hand tools. It is impossible for me to lay the pavers. Took a while to find the masonary tools + a hand cement mixer called a "Larry" which looks like a hoe with two holes in it.

15 smaller UV stable plastic ponds for our miniature water lilies.

Edited by KGV Collector - 06/06/2019 7:18 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2559 Posts
Posted 06/07/2019   06:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I thought the tubs were for soaking stamps!
Al
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3662 Posts
Posted 06/07/2019   5:20 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Can have bath at the same time as soaking.

You can not beat that 1st hand stamp experience!
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27470 Posts
Posted 06/07/2019   8:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
John,
you need a course in organisation !

How do you manage to get so many stamps on the floor Yikes!

I would have ditched the cost of the containers, and gone for these organisers for bulk..........
Perhaps you may have problems with humidity up there?
You can always drape a sheet over, to prevent dust.
Edited by rod222 - 06/07/2019 8:26 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3662 Posts
Posted 06/08/2019   6:10 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Rod. Very much like your comments.

Quote:
How do you manage to get so many stamps on the floor Yikes!

The way my work room looks now is how our lounge room looked. Can you picture how happy my wife is. lol

Have sorted 50kg + into denominations in a month. That is what happens even after I do spot pick ups.

The benches are from doing a huge amount of kiloware lots.

Interesting that you could see the organised need and that is how I am moving in bit by bit to figure out how to organise this monster. Have 4 tubs of world kiloware lots. 4 tubs for very recent Australia Kiloware. 3 tubs of sorted other denominations. When I get a change will turn whats on the benches into a mixed kiloware lot. Have 4 tubs of kiloware Australia that I will mix into a very good cheaper mix. But I need a new dryer to do that.

The bench top right of the TV is my very recent Australia sheet stamp issues. Not to many of those on the floor. They are all off paper. Thinking about selling them in sets of 5 for 60% -70% face value + all my other stock into lots of 5 as well. That open stock book is full as and have a tub full of zip lock plastic bags for all $1 sheet stamp issues sort!

Still have over 20 tubs that I do not know whats in them yet.

Edited by KGV Collector - 06/08/2019 6:14 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27470 Posts
Posted 06/08/2019   8:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Right, thought you were getting out of stamp sales.

Forget the Tub idea, the $88 is just for the frame...not the tubs
Therefore, hugely expensive.
False advertising...(as usual)
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3662 Posts
Posted 06/14/2019   6:15 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This Australia wide charity I receive my stamps from has many parts to it and all the stamps end up with one person to whom I buy my stamps off them.
Many of the charity collection stations are closing their doors, never to collect stamps/kiloware again. When they finish sorting they clean their areas out and all sorts of odds and ends are coming my way. Sadly the amount of very recent Australia stamps is slowing to the point that the main charity worker is strongly thinking about stopping it all.
Am set to purchase every stamp that this charity offers me. Purchase all the stamps that are sent to me! Do not get a chance to look 1st.
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 2.9 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05