Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ebay Seller - Nystamps

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 128 / Views: 36,600Next Topic
Page: of 9
Valued Member

United States
20 Posts
Posted 08/27/2010   4:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add bluegrass58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have noticed that there are alot of auctions offered by the eBay seller "nystamps". Anyone ever deal with them?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5880 Posts
Posted 08/27/2010   4:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add smauggie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not as yet.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2480 Posts
Posted 08/27/2010   4:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomiseksj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't but you can read a brief evaluation of him here: http://www.theswedishtiger.com/dEbay.htm (scroll a little more than half way down the page)
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1658 Posts
Posted 08/27/2010   5:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I have on a few occasions,the items I received were as described and his shipping rates was fair considering the weight of the items he has shipped to Australia.
Hope this helps

Valued Member
United States
428 Posts
Posted 08/27/2010   5:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ldhaber to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have bought from them on a number of occasions. What you see is what you get. I've been happy each time I've bought from them. Their shipping costs are quite fair and they ship quickly. I suspect they are one of the larger sellers of stamps, by $ volume, on eBay.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1707 Posts
Posted 08/27/2010   8:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revstampman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have also bought from him. What you see is what you get.
1 note of caution. A lot of his recent lots have "signed" or "expertised" stamps. I have noticed that many of these stamps have bogus expret marks. I have discussed this with him and informed him where to find the information on many of these. I am seeing far fewer in recent weeks.
Valued Member
143 Posts
Posted 08/27/2010   9:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add plsllvn to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I also made a purchase from them as was happy with the estate sale items- year an a half later I am still working through it.
Paul
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
734 Posts
Posted 08/28/2010   11:07 am  Show Profile Check 64idgaf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 64idgaf to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've had a few trades with him, nothing to complain about.
Valued Member
United States
20 Posts
Posted 08/28/2010   9:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bluegrass58 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the imput gang. The web site that tomiseksj put up is VERY good - double thanks!
Pillar Of The Community
USA
3315 Posts
Posted 08/30/2010   4:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add laswabbie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've bought four "collections" from him and I don't have any real complaints, but what I bought weren't true collections, they were pieces of a very large accumulation and they sold many lots that looked the same.

I'd buy from them again if they had something I wanted.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2751 Posts
Posted 08/30/2010   5:18 pm  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One of my friends is starting up an online stamp store and have been buying up stock from various auction houses. His main challenger is a buyer agent for nystamps at Rasdales and Regency auctions. Apparently, the buyer agent looks for auctions in which others have a strong interest and then joins in the fray and bids the hell out of lots well beyond the estimated values. If one has a lot of time and patience, you can probably match some of nystamp's eBay lots to those from the other auction houses.
Pillar Of The Community
750 Posts
Posted 08/31/2010   12:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Edwin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just bought a few Scotts Internationals they were as advertised... no complaints.
Valued Member
Canada
223 Posts
Posted 09/02/2010   04:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add luvthecommonwealth to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I received a collection from them and have no complaints. I found quite a number of nice items in there, such as used examples in the 1935 New Zealand series that catalogue for more than mint.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3547 Posts
Posted 09/02/2010   08:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tonymacg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Then I hope you've been following the Stampboards thread on forged cancellations on New Zealand issues from the 1930s, luvthecommonwealth. I'd be very cautious about such material at the moment.

nystamps has also offered a fiscally used Victoria 1, with the fiscal cancellation cleaned off, and a fake postal cancellation applied.

I'm not suggesting nystamps were responsible for the forgery: just that it might be wise to confine purchases from them to stamps they could be expected to have some expertise in. Avoid anything exotic like British Commonwealth, and stick to US.
Valued Member
Canada
6 Posts
Posted 09/12/2010   12:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PNBarker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have purchased from NY Stamps and haven't had any problems.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3547 Posts
Posted 09/19/2010   10:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tonymacg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another interesting offer from nystamps:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Great-Britain-G...310218677604

I suppose it might be called 'mint' if one was feeling very charitable, but the BIN price looks a trifle optimistic.
Page: of 9 Previous TopicReplies: 128 / Views: 36,600Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05