Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Postal Etiquettes And/Or Labels From Around The World

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 280 / Views: 61,309Next Topic
Page: of 19
Valued Member
Canada
378 Posts
Posted 01/27/2011   01:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tony Vella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a little something from Morocco.

Got it from my mate Rodney, I think.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Valued Member
Australia
426 Posts
Posted 01/27/2011   06:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add peterethio to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, Tony. I seem to remember this same Airmail etiquette from France. Maybe it was used generally on French colonies.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 01/27/2011   06:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, I think you're right Peter.
I like tied etiquettes.

Edited by rod222 - 01/27/2011 06:20 am
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6190 Posts
Posted 01/29/2011   5:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 02/07/2011   10:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Etiquettes can also be the red and blue striped airmail envelopes themselves and their priinted on Air Mail signs / labels.

On cover from France in 2011:
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 02/08/2011   03:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Nice bump Puzz,

Etiquettes,
hors d'oeuvres for the discerning collector.

Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 02/10/2011   9:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Received from Australia in 2011

ID Recorded Label, self adhesive

CN22 Customs form, self adhesive
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 02/10/2011   9:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Collectors may note the international word for Customs
on the Aussie label from Puzzler : "Douane"

Sometimes appears on stamps,
for example Sth Africa 1926-1940....

Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 02/12/2011   11:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Venezuelan Registered label here:
http://goscf.com/t/12701
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6190 Posts
Posted 02/13/2011   08:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice, Puzzler.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2733 Posts
Posted 02/13/2011   08:47 am  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

One from the Czech Republic with Philatelic Exhibition advertisement.
Valued Member
Canada
378 Posts
Posted 02/13/2011   08:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tony Vella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I recently started a new topic called Postal Stickers (with a Venezuela) having forgotten completely Puzzler's already established "Postal Etiquettes / Labels from around the world". Can some expert tell me how to combine my topic with Puzzler's, please, just to keep everything together? Is it possible for me to do it or can only "management" do such a thing? Thanks in advance.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 02/13/2011   12:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tony,
I have not seen such a thing done here myself. It is probably possible (good turn of phrase that) but labour intensive.

You could do it yourself for your own post9s) but others would have to move their own also most likely. Open two browser windows, copy from one, paste to another. That sort of thing.

I think if you want to you could just do a double post but since the links to the other thread is there now, people can move around as they wish.

It is actually a good idea to have different threads named differently as sometimes people will search for a certain name and others they will search for a different name. It is all good.
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 02/13/2011   12:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see where anyone has posted etiquettes from the US, so here's a sample of "Certified Mail" labels through the years:

This one (light red color) is from 1965:

This example (dark red color) is from 1967:

This one was used in 1978:

These two modern examples are both dated to 1995 (but are still in use today):

As you can tell, there are varieties out there, too!
Edited by wt1 - 02/13/2011 12:57 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6190 Posts
Posted 02/15/2011   11:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice labels, and yes, plenty of variety in these kind of etiquettes.

Here is a cover received today, stamps not cancelled as usual, but with 3 etiquettes, one of which is cancelled !

I am never likely to see a larger etiquette than the Inland Sea Mail beauty.

Even in the greatest of adversities, the Aussies have this amazing, some might say warped, sense of humour.

Good on them !

Paddlingbus1
Page: of 19 Previous TopicReplies: 280 / Views: 61,309Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 3.82 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05