Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Railroad Related Postcards!

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
199 Posts
Posted 01/20/2020   3:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add amccleaf1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A steam-powered passenger train crosses the Tunaugwon River bridge at Bradford, PA. Postmarked May 22, 1916. If the message on the back is written in English, I am unable to recognize any of the words.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2367 Posts
Posted 01/20/2020   4:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Two loaded trains coming into Eureka, Cal. I have another similar card that I've posted previously, I post it again after I find it in my uploaded files.

Edited by littleriverphil - 01/20/2020 4:39 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2367 Posts
Posted 01/20/2020   4:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah! On first page. New upload for the back. This make me 0 for 2. When not hauling logs this line moved people and mail with a RPO car. Still hoping for the Eureka & Scotia RPO cancel in use at this time.

Edited by littleriverphil - 01/20/2020 4:51 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
199 Posts
Posted 01/20/2020   7:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add amccleaf1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Littleriverphil, I really like these cards. Those are huge logs!

Alan
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2367 Posts
Posted 01/21/2020   08:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Those are huge logs!

Lol, yes, they are. Sequoia Semperviens or California or Coast Redwood.
"California redwoods are the world's tallest trees. The tallest trees in the world are redwoods (Sequoia sempervirens), which tower above the ground in California. These trees can easily reach heights of 300 feet (91 meters). Among the redwoods, a tree named Hyperion dwarfs them all. The tree was discovered in 2006, and is 379.7 feet (115.7 m) tall."
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1174 Posts
Posted 02/14/2020   09:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For the topic:

Description of view shown on last card
Robert
Pillar Of The Community
United States
938 Posts
Posted 02/16/2020   9:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It was fun to see that last batch. When I was 8 or 9 my family took this train from Chicago to Los Angeles. I remember spending a lot of time in the Observation Car.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1174 Posts
Posted 02/18/2020   1:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
GregAlex, you are fortunate as I have yet to travel by rail.
Robert
Edited by stampfan9 - 02/18/2020 7:19 pm
Valued Member
United States
65 Posts
Posted 02/18/2020   8:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Revenue N Covers to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have the HO train set of that Santa Fe train. Great set of cards and nice to see the envelope too. I would part with the train if someone really wanted it...Andy
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05