Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Us Slogan Cancels

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Valued Member
United States
52 Posts
Posted 03/19/2019   09:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostalHysteria to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My 2 most recent additions include an example of the CLEVELAND NATIONAL AIRCRAFT SHOW as previously posted by gslaten and VISIT GLACIER NATIONAL PARK.

I've been collecting/accumulating slogans for some 20 years.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26650 Posts
Posted 03/19/2019   6:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Greetings from Rodney.
(Don't mention Fender, the deuteragonist of Robots.)
Edited by rod222 - 03/19/2019 7:00 pm
Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
Posted 03/20/2019   01:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gslaten to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A few from a collection of Scott 599 covers.

Valued Member
France
14 Posts
Posted 03/20/2019   08:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Alexfrance68 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello all members. I m new on this topic and nice to see so much of nice covers.
Here one I have in my airmail censored cover. When my account is ok I would like to propose it.
Best regards comments apprecieted
Alex

Valued Member
United States
52 Posts
Posted 03/20/2019   10:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostalHysteria to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I couldn't resist the combination of the FOOD WILL WIN THE WAR... slogan flag and the printed BOSTON BEANS promotion on this post card folder.

Valued Member
United States
52 Posts
Posted 03/21/2019   2:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostalHysteria to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My first example in today's mail of the Sept 2018 Thinking of You spray-on slogan, and a surprisingly clear example

Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
Posted 03/22/2019   01:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gslaten to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
With the distinct possibility of boring everyone...

Pillar Of The Community
United States
3725 Posts
Posted 03/23/2019   08:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
'
Your post led me to google { Los Angeles Historical Revue Exposition 1923 }.

Who knew?

Well done, lad!

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Valued Member
United States
52 Posts
Posted 03/29/2019   7:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostalHysteria to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
New addition, the usually unexciting PRAY FOR PEACE on an interesting tie-in on a religious illustrated envelope of SACRED HEART SOUTHERN MISSIONS of Walls, Mississippi, "The Nation's Apostolate of Prayerful Driving."

Whoda thunk?

Pillar Of The Community
United States
870 Posts
Posted 05/20/2019   2:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These days, cancer events are commonplace, but in 1922 such a thing was rare. Even into the 1970s, you really didn't talk about it much (certainly not to anyone who had it), because it was so often a death sentence. We've come a long way.

Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
Posted 05/27/2019   5:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gslaten to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just found this in the bottom of a box and find it to be attractive...

Pillar Of The Community
United States
614 Posts
Posted 05/27/2019   7:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think they were talking about philatelic material but still seems like good advice

Pillar Of The Community
United States
870 Posts
Posted 06/06/2019   4:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a variation on the very first slogan cancel posted on this thread, but this one is an earlier variety which includes the dates. Also a couple interesting slogans from the 1970s.

Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05