Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Philatelic Exhibition & Stamp Show Labels & Poster Stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 412 / Views: 73,931Next Topic
Page: of 28
Pillar Of The Community
United Arab Emirates
507 Posts
Posted 06/10/2011   3:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add james to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mac, nice collection

I've scanned some more USA Philatelic show posters. Although, some of them are common but no one can dare denying their Beauty ...

Hope you'll like them.

Btw, while I was scanning them I found out that I have several duplicates. I'll scan them for you & we'll discuss about them.

Enjoy!

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United Arab Emirates
507 Posts
Posted 06/10/2011   3:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add james to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Part (2)

Pillar Of The Community
United Arab Emirates
507 Posts
Posted 06/10/2011   3:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add james to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Part (3)

Rest in Peace
Learn More...
United States
1806 Posts
Posted 06/10/2011   4:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 1775mac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That does it! Going to shelve the classics for a bit and concentrate on exhibitions and stamp shows. Very nice James, I do have some of them also. Darn this hobby! It is just to addictive.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2547 Posts
Posted 06/10/2011   5:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Russ to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Boston, MA International Postal Supply Co. Model E42 slogan cancel "Philatelic Exhibition Boston Public Library March 19-27, 1923"

Valued Member
67 Posts
Posted 06/10/2011   6:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jcstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Got these but too bad there cut.....

Pillar Of The Community
United Arab Emirates
507 Posts
Posted 06/11/2011   09:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add james to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Russ & Jcstamp, nice obliterations & thanks for sharing.

Too bad your cover are cut, Jcstamp (as you said) ... But still lovely!

Cheers
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9747 Posts
Posted 06/11/2011   10:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
James, as usual more stunning stuff ! I am partial to the 1932 A.P.S. labels !
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Pillar Of The Community
United Arab Emirates
507 Posts
Posted 06/11/2011   11:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add james to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

philb said:

Quote:
I am partial to the 1932 A.P.S. labels !

I think I have one or two duplicates!

Cheers
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9747 Posts
Posted 06/11/2011   11:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
James, and I know you will have 50 posts ! please keep me in mind on those 32's and I am pretty sure we can work something out..one way or another !!
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Pillar Of The Community
United Arab Emirates
507 Posts
Posted 06/11/2011   11:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add james to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
philb, Sure I'll do ...

Quote:
I know you will have 50 posts

& this's 47 posts!

Count down ...
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6190 Posts
Posted 07/02/2011   07:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
3 weeks and no posts !

Below and in the next few posts are some items I managed to procure during my recent UK trip....some of them at amazing prices due to the lack of knowledge of the Dealer/seller.
My gain.

Today I was having my first look at some of my purchases since I got back [yes,I've been that busy] and I have discovered an unusual and unlisted variety

Whilst in Stafford at the big Fair [Bourse] I purchased this item:

I already had the numbered sheet in my collection but noticed that there was a small dry print of the lettering and the letters 'g' and 'e' of 'Orange' were affected. It was in a sealed glassine on a stockcard and did not open it at the show as I felt no need to, it being very cheap.
Only today I opened it and discovered that the sheet is NOT numbered and has a pre-show cancel on the reverse where the printed number should be !

The Exhibition ran from October 6-10 1982, fully one month AFTER the cancel on the reverse of the sheet !
A quick look in the latest catalogue [May 2010] told me that no such sheet should exist......and I have now written to the author to let him know.

It has made for an interesting afternoon.

Londonbus1.....more shortly
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6190 Posts
Posted 07/02/2011   07:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just to make matters more interesting, I have discovered another goody !

The sheet below, from the 1979 British Philatelic Exhibition comes in 628 numbered copies for Presentation purposes by the show organizing committee. They are quite scarce and I have never seen one before [in the flesh...so to speak]. From the same dealer as in the previous post I finally got my copy.......but it is numbered 642 !

New info is emerging all the time it seems !

Londonbus1....
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6190 Posts
Posted 07/02/2011   08:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From the same show and a similar sheet as shown in a previous post [earlier today], this underprint was found:

Next up......London 1980
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6190 Posts
Posted 07/02/2011   08:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I found this next item in a cheapo Cinderella folder. I was with StampStudy at the time and we were having a laugh at some of the oddball items.
I was laughing after I purchased this little gem...Market price 27.50.....for 1.50 !

Issued for the 1980 London International Exhibition at Earls Court by Harrison & Sons.......and complete in original folder too, which gives the names od all the paintings depicted !

The following little gem [actually quite big!] is also from the 1980 Exhibition. Issued by Stamp magazine and added to the spine of their Exhibition magazine, it shows an unissued Mauritius 'Britannia' stamp by Perkins Bacon.
These stamps were overprinted 'LPE 1890' and used as show souvenirs at Britain's first Philatelic Exhibition of that year.
The sheet was rouletted left side for ease of seperation from the magazine, and on the bottom where a Crown Agents voucher was attached for use at the show.

A lovely piece.

More to come......

Londonbus1.....

Page: of 28 Previous TopicReplies: 412 / Views: 73,931Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05