Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

USA 2009 Liberty Bell Forever Id?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 16,325Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
United States
673 Posts
Posted 08/05/2011   08:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add oldtriguy1960 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

I have a bunch of the Liberty Bell Forever stamps I've cutt of of envelopes. I have them sorted into envelopes by year and size of the word "Forever".

I just ran across a couple that I hadn't seen before.
I have plenty of the 2009 (year in gold) with the medium size "Forever", but the word Forever is on a white background. I thought the Scott # for these was 4127m.
But just recently I got a couple that have the 2009 (in gold) with the Medium size "Forever", but the word Forever is NOT on a white background.

Any help with IDing these 2009 with the medium size "Forever" would be appreciated!

The top stamp in the pic shows the medium forever on white background. The other two stamps in the pic show the medium forever not on white background.

Dave N.
<><

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1375 Posts
Posted 08/05/2011   7:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trainwreck to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dave,
Forever Liberty Bells with copper "2009" and medium microprinting on a dotted backgound are Scott 4437. They come from booklet panes of 18 printed on thin paper for dispensing from ATMs. Four out of 18 stamps from these panes will have die cuts on all 4 sides, the rest on 2 or 3 sides. The Liberty Bells with copper "2009" and medium micro. on a white background are now numbered as Scott 4127i. Recently, Scott renumbered the series when they decided stamps with uneven (mottled) tagging are just varieties of solid tagging (so the minor Scott numbers were deleted and the rest were renumbered accordingly).
Regards, Robert
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Trainwreck - 08/05/2011 8:39 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
673 Posts
Posted 08/05/2011   9:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldtriguy1960 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Trainwreck!

Any chance of getting a complete (current) Scot listing of the Liberty Bell Forever series from 2007 til now? Seeing as how they've renumbered them, I'll have to do some adjusting to my dupes lists.

Thanks,

Dave N.
<><
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1375 Posts
Posted 08/05/2011   11:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trainwreck to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dave,
I have a cheat sheet for identifying the Forever Liberty Bells but it's too big to cut and paste into this reply. Send me an e-mail with your e-mail address and I'll hook you up. (Being a new member to this forum I'm currently locked out of the forum e-mail system.)
Regards, Robert
Pillar Of The Community
United States
673 Posts
Posted 08/05/2011   11:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldtriguy1960 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
PM sent

Thanks Robert.

Dave N.
<><
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
Posted 08/14/2011   9:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coinsearcher83 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
How many different 2008 issues of this stamp were there? I know of the four 2007 issues and the three 2009 issues, but I don't know how many 2008 issues there are.

Any help will be appreciated :)
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 08/14/2011   9:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The 2008 Liberty Bell stamps were issued in four different varieties. I posted this link in a previous thread.

Takes a minute or so to download, but this link provides a good reference for all of the different varieties of the Liberty Bell stamps:

http://www.sandiegophilateliclibrar...er-stamp.pdf
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
Posted 08/14/2011   10:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coinsearcher83 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, I'll have to check that link out..

Thank you :)
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
617 Posts
Posted 08/16/2011   4:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dave9911 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, getting all the various combinations as shown in the pdf would be a chore and a half...
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
Posted 08/16/2011   6:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coinsearcher83 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hehe.. This issue's got issues XP
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 05/03/2012   02:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
An excellent article on this very subject beginning at page 24 (and through page 28) at this link:

http://stampinsider.org/Stamp%20Ins...DFs/1205.pdf
Pillar Of The Community
United States
673 Posts
Posted 05/03/2012   08:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldtriguy1960 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the link! Very interesting. And helpful too.
I'll have to see if I can find other back issues too.

Dave N.
<><
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1611 Posts
Posted 03/18/2013   9:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mike33 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone with a Mystic Album have any more spaces than the 4 from 2007 and 1 from 2009?

I know I may still be missing a few pages (or updated pages) as I pieced together some of it without all the supplements

The 2 pages I do have listing these stamps are pages 1140 and 1230

thanks
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 03/18/2013   9:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Those are exactly the same pages as I have. Basically, those spaces are the major Scott catalog numbers for the stamps. Apparently Mystic doesn't feel it necessary to issue pages for the stamps with minor letter suffixes.

Of course, it's relatively simple to create your own extra pages (as necessary) to accommodate any special items you have.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1611 Posts
Posted 03/19/2013   04:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mike33 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info - They had no problem adding minors to some of the other modern issues though. I'd think date changes would be enough to call for a mounting space.
Valued Member
143 Posts
Posted 03/19/2013   4:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MrEos to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I created this page for the Bells:

Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 16,325Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05