Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Estonian Stamps

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 180 / Views: 19,174Next Topic
Page: of 12
Valued Member

Estonia
111 Posts
Posted 08/15/2011   5:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add joelkuiv to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone.

I am new here and I did a topic search and didn't come up with much.

How many of you have Estonia stamps? And how many people are even interested in them?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read and reply
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Spain
266 Posts
Posted 08/15/2011   6:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AndrewF31 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The only stamps from Estonia I have are from the 2010 Winter Olympics. I tried to get the Olympic stamps from as many countries as I could.
Not so easy for foreigners to get Estonian stamps.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Australia
426 Posts
Posted 08/15/2011   6:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add peterethio to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi joelkuiv. You may find that a number of us collect topics which include some Estonian stamps. I collect overprints (among other things) and have 3 Estonian stamps.

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1927 Posts
Posted 08/15/2011   6:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Triggersmob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Joelkuiv.
welcome to the SCF.

I have quite a few Estonian stamps, thanks to a friend in Estonia.
They are among some of my favourites.

Steve
Valued Member
Estonia
111 Posts
Posted 08/15/2011   6:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add joelkuiv to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The only stamps from Estonia I have are from the 2010 Winter Olympics. I tried to get the Olympic stamps from as many countries as I could.
Not so easy for foreigners to get Estonian stamps.

Estonia has quite several Olympic stamps.

Here are a few that I like...

Valued Member
Estonia
111 Posts
Posted 08/15/2011   7:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add joelkuiv to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
peterethio

It's good to hear.

Very nice collection.
Valued Member
Estonia
111 Posts
Posted 08/15/2011   7:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add joelkuiv to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Triggersmob,

It's always good to have friends who help out.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
737 Posts
Posted 08/16/2011   04:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ryan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a fan of Estonian stamps, but that's largely because of heritage - my great-great-grandfather was the first Estonian to settle in Alberta!

http://www.albertasource.ca/abeston...kingsep.html

Ryan
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36854 Posts
Posted 08/16/2011   08:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I like Estonian stamps and estonian Cinderellas,

I have 242 estonian stamps.

I have one express post with Donald Duck I cannot identify,

and here is an upside down viking ship.

Rest in Peace
Canada
5701 Posts
Posted 08/16/2011   10:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are the first 4 stamps of Estonia, according to Scott, issued in 1918-19. I really like the simple design.

...and Welcome to SCF joelkuiv!
BeeSee in BC
"The Postmark is Mightier than the Stamp"
http://brcstamps.com ---- BNAPS, RPSC, APS
Valued Member
Estonia
111 Posts
Posted 08/16/2011   11:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add joelkuiv to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Ryan for the link. It was interesting to read.

rod222 Sounds like you have a nice collection. Can I see a picture of the Donald Duck?

Thank you BeeSee. Great collection!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
186 Posts
Posted 08/16/2011   3:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Marius to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a few estonian stamps as well...found them in a kiloware box. I'll scan them when I'll get the chance
Valued Member
Norway
261 Posts
Posted 08/16/2011   4:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add yobo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a few Estonian stamps. Some old ones that turned up in a junk lot, but the condition could have been better on those though. Also have some of the modern stuff, mostly from the Olympics I believe. But my favorite item from Estonia in my collection is this cover:

I especially like the stamp with the wolf.
Valued Member
Estonia
111 Posts
Posted 08/16/2011   5:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add joelkuiv to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Marius, looking forward to seeing the treasure you found.

yobo, nice cover. Now you need 6 more to complete the set.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36854 Posts
Posted 08/16/2011   7:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This image was posted by an SCF member
in the "etiquettes" thread if I recall correctly.

Seen it before? identify?

MAY 1991

CINDERELLAS
Edited by rod222 - 08/16/2011 8:12 pm
Valued Member
Estonia
111 Posts
Posted 08/16/2011   8:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add joelkuiv to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sry rod222, I've never seen that before and can't come up with anything from anywhere. It's like it doesn't exist. But that doesn't mean I give up. I'll keep looking into it. Would help if I knew what was written at the top of the stamp.

Thanks for the articles.
Page: of 12 Previous TopicReplies: 180 / Views: 19,174Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05