Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

ID Help Again - Still Americas, Bolivia This Time.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,372Next Topic  
Valued Member

United Kingdom
459 Posts
Posted 10/23/2011   06:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add DavidR to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here's another one, I'm sure these won't be a mystery to a lot of people out there, but they are to me! Can't see either in my old SG "Stamps of the World". Are they un-issued?

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
2988 Posts
Posted 10/23/2011   08:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi David,

The blue one is a local revenue stamp from around 1946 (when the 30c in the same design was used as a local obligatory tax stamp) but I'm afraid I've no idea about the other one.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Nigel
Edited by nigelc - 10/23/2011 08:17 am
Valued Member
United Kingdom
459 Posts
Posted 10/23/2011   08:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DavidR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
OK thanks Nigel. One down, one to go!
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6516 Posts
Posted 10/23/2011   5:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The yellow stamp has a border design identical to a series listed in Scott's but given no numbers or values. The note says "Nine values commemorating the Guiqui-La Pas railroad were printed in 1915 but never issued. Typographed forgeries exist"
Not sure if that helps. The yellow border is an interesting element.

There was another post here in the last month or two that had another stamp seemingly from that issue. I'll have to do a search.

edit- that was easy to find.

http://goscf.com/t/18828&SearchTerms=,bolivia

Not much help I'm afraid.
Edited by jamesw - 10/23/2011 5:21 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6744 Posts
Posted 10/23/2011   5:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add khj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For the first stamp, reference the Witt Collection:

http://www.cinderellas.info/wittcol...106526.2.jpg
Edited by khj - 10/23/2011 5:34 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6744 Posts
Posted 10/23/2011   5:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add khj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, the 2nd stamp can also be found in the Witt Collection:

http://www.cinderellas.info/wittcol...s/106768.jpg
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6516 Posts
Posted 10/23/2011   5:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Aahhhhh. Cool.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
459 Posts
Posted 10/24/2011   03:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DavidR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot nigelc, jamesw & khj! I have had both of these since my first collecting days back in the 1960s and it's only now, when I came to move them to a new home, that I finally know what they are.
Valued Member
United States
7 Posts
Posted 01/01/2020   8:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DRisser to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The litho fake with the yellow border is part of the set and pretty much valueless. The genuine set of finely engraved stamps sells for under $10.

The Beni stamp is part of a departmental revenue set, again fairly common. Value for a wet of six is around a buck.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,372Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05