Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Was In Your Mailbox Today??

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 840 / Views: 116,342Next Topic
Page: of 56
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32531 Posts
Posted 03/04/2021   4:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good stories radiate good feelings......
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3844 Posts
Posted 03/05/2021   07:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That is a great story Don

We need of such kindness these days. Thank you for sharing

Dianne
Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
700 Posts
Posted 03/05/2021   08:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Austria, a lot of old stuff on paper, really helps to find complete postmarks.

Valued Member
United States
101 Posts
Posted 03/05/2021   5:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gibby01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My quarterly price guide from Scott Shaulis, always includes an entertaining stamp related blog with the guide.

Valued Member
United States
324 Posts
Posted 03/06/2021   1:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coastwatcher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday, I received a letter from Sweden after only 9 days transit time. I'm still waiting on several letters that were posted in the US before the Swedish letter was mailed!
Pillar Of The Community
805 Posts
Posted 03/06/2021   5:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sak to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Canada Post put a postcard in every mailbox with free postage to send a note to encourage someone during the pandemic. Nice idea, eh?

Valued Member
United States
129 Posts
Posted 03/07/2021   06:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobbyT to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I absolutely LOVE what the Canadian Post did!

This pandemic has been particularly hard on me - I never thought about how much I thrive on personal contact. One of the things which drew me to my Hungarian born wife is the tradition they have of the "puszi " a brief kiss on each cheek followed by a hug upon seeing friends, even if it just yesterday. And strong handshakes with men, and a hug.

I have joked that the only people I have touched since February last year are my wife, son, daughter in law and granddaughter. But it is true.

Wish I had received one of these cards, but then I would have had to have more friends or relatives in Canada.

BRAVO to Canada Post!
Valued Member
United States
129 Posts
Posted 03/08/2021   06:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobbyT to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone have one of these either used or unused which you would like to share/trade etc.?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6252 Posts
Posted 03/08/2021   5:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Filling gaps in the US Revenue stamp binder. An R67a Imperf.

Valued Member
Canada
244 Posts
Posted 03/12/2021   8:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some Specaroos and a one pounder. Bought for less than you would think. Sorry about the lame pics.

my best friend has four legs
and a soft pillow
Edited by Casey Magoo - 03/12/2021 8:35 pm
Valued Member
United States
324 Posts
Posted 03/16/2021   9:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coastwatcher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing fancy, just some 1939 Chinese stamps (Scott #s 364-367) that I think are quite striking.

Valued Member
United States
259 Posts
Posted 03/19/2021   4:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jconey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Two rolls of Counterfeit Stamps.
Much to my surprise, my wife ordered two rolls of stamps from someone on Facebook Marketplace. Supposedly closing an office and selling things at a slight discount to get rid of everything quickly.
Of course when they came, I opened them with the intention of grabbing the Plate Number stamps. There were no Plate Numbers! (Should be one every 31 stamps). I checked it with a UV lamp...FAIL! Yup, these are gen-u-ine counterfeits. By casual inspection, the wrappers and the stamps look perfectly fine.
She paid with PayPal so we're in the process of getting our money back and with luck the info we provided will aid the Postal Inspectors nab their Ne'er-do-well.

Edited by jconey - 03/19/2021 5:08 pm
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
Posted 03/20/2021   01:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldboldandbrash to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hahaha, counterfeit coil stamps? If you get the chance I'd be interested to see how close they are to genuine stamps!
Valued Member
United States
259 Posts
Posted 03/20/2021   09:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jconey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They are a dead on match... The feel and thickness was right. The paper felt and looked right. The micro printing was even correct. The immediate give away was the absence of plate numbers and they fail under UV Shortwave. I didn't check the gum. I never would have given them a closer look if it hadn't been for the missing plate numbers. I'll see if I can upload a set of scans and upload them.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1147 Posts
Posted 03/20/2021   2:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nothing fancy, just some 1939 Chinese stamps (Scott #s 364-367) that I think are quite striking.

Oh yes, those are very pretty!
Page: of 56 Previous TopicReplies: 840 / Views: 116,342Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05