Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Super Size Taxpaid Revenues

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9
Pillar Of The Community
United States
530 Posts
Posted 04/26/2019   11:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
GregAlex

I think you're right. Checking online I found other boxes where the sale amount is limited to 6 cents, and another box where the recommended retail price is limited to 8 cents. Tax was probably based upon MSRP and retailer was prohibited from selling above that as the additional profit would have been untaxed. Pure speculation on my part but the notice on the bottom of the box seems to suggest something along that vein.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2640 Posts
Posted 05/03/2019   5:15 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
May I play as well?

I have always loved larger revenues, but, as always with all my hobbies, the ones I like are beyond my financial means.

Here's one I do own ;-)

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1425 Posts
Posted 05/04/2019   8:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add James Drummond to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Those that are interested in the stamps shown in this thread might also want to look into these Form TFEL-2 labels.

More information can be found here:
https://www.coxrail.com/TFEL-2.asp

This seller seems to have a bunch of them available:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/U-S-Treasu...AOSw7VhatB-r

Jim

Pillar Of The Community
United States
818 Posts
Posted 05/06/2019   7:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Exportation stamp, Nells! Haven't seen one like that before.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2640 Posts
Posted 05/10/2019   7:10 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
GREG - THANKS!
JAMES - I have had my eye on one of those... are they intalgio printed?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2640 Posts
Posted 05/10/2019   7:11 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A few more...

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
313 Posts
Posted 05/10/2019   11:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add codehappy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ahh, "medicinal liquor", for the folks that needed/wanted to drink booze during Prohibition and could convince a doctor to sign a note for them. That's a neat bit of history there.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5822 Posts
Posted 05/10/2019   11:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They come in 5 or 6 different styles and sizes.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
818 Posts
Posted 05/16/2019   11:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have had my eye on one of those... are they intalgio printed?

Nells, a quick answer -- I think the Form TFEL-2 were lithos.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5822 Posts
Posted 05/16/2019   3:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For sure mine is not engraved.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2640 Posts
Posted 05/16/2019   5:05 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Aaaaaah, gotchya... would still pick one up if the price was right ;-)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
818 Posts
Posted 06/13/2019   12:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I only recently discovered that Canada put out some taxpaid revenues that were quite similar to U.S. taxpaids, at least in terms of what was taxed. I really like the engraving on these and hope to pick up some others.

Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05