Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Re: Modern Fake Stamps Are Flooding The Market

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12
Pillar Of The Community
1515 Posts
Posted 11/13/2015   11:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jenny2U to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The original is fabricated! I could care less about the fakes or how they affect your bottom line.

"In May 1989, the British High Court ordered Feigenbuam to hand over all stocks of Tuvalu stamps after the island authorities claimed that he was printing stamps without permission. British police had already seized 7 million stamps of which 1.5 million were thought to contain errors. ...

The matter eventually came to a head in a 1992 fraud trial when, after two months of evidence and weeks of legal argument, Feigenbaum was cleared on the judge's direction as there was insufficient evidence to convict. Feigenbaum argued that he had contractual permission to produce the varieties. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clive_Feigenbaum
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Jenny2U - 11/13/2015 11:29 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3272 Posts
Posted 11/13/2015   11:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Never been used for postage...never will be used for postage.

This topic has nothing to do with philately.

ZZZ...ZZZ...ZZZ

Wake me up when this is over.
Learn More...
7400 Posts
Posted 11/13/2015   11:38 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I will never bow down to the little group who are obvious from their posts.

Fixed I will never walk away from profiting on this stuff.

Quote:
They will use various user names to make it look as if they are bigger.

Ok, show us who these people are and we will look at their join date. Or are you saying that they had planned this out months/years ago before you even joined here?

Quote:
This thread is to help collectors effected by these forgeries.

Fixed This thread is to help me make money.

Quote:
I will override the dribble by posting an image of a forged stamp or set of stamps and will reply to useful and intelligent comments only.

Fixed I will ignore anyone's comments who don't buy into everything what I say and agree with me 100%.

Quote:
Of course I want to protect certain items I sell from being forged.

Fixed Of course I want to protect certain items I sell.

Quote:
They remain anonymous

I am not anonymous.

I have more time and effort in fighting fakes/forgeries than you do. The big difference is that I am not profiting from the fight. Frankly you are actually hurting the fight against fakes and forgeries because of the incredibly poor job you are doing. You make it more difficult to get traction for the legitimate efforts that are being done.

To 'win' you simply have to stop making money on this stuff. I suspect that you are sitting on large amounts of this related material. How about telling us now how much you are sitting on? Of course you won't, it would demonstrate your actual motives.

Keep making threats about posting. I will follow up every one of your posts and make sure all readers understand your selfish, actual motives.
Don
Valued Member
77 Posts
Posted 11/13/2015   12:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Shodan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Forged.
Valued Member
77 Posts
Posted 11/13/2015   12:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Shodan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Follow up dude....
Learn More...
7400 Posts
Posted 11/13/2015   12:08 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sure, no problem.

Your campaign to convince others that you are fighting fakes/forgeries is failing due to your profit motives. The more you post, the more obvious it becomes. You refuse to divest your stock, you refuse to tell anyone how much you are sitting on. I challenge you to do either, as long as you continue to deflect and make excuses the more apparent your selfishness becomes.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1326 Posts
Posted 11/13/2015   12:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Shodan's material is advertised all over Facebook and eBay, among other places as "Errors." This is a fraudulent representation designed to bilk money from people. True errors occur when misprinted or miscut stamps go through the normal post office channels and accidentally end up being available to the public.

The Format archives were deliberately manufactured in quantity to simulate errors and only made available upon the company's liquidation. They were never available at local Post Offices for the involved territories.

As to how much of this spurious material Shodan is trying to unload for profits, I think these 2 pictures publicly visible on his Facebook page speak for themselves:

Pillar Of The Community
1515 Posts
Posted 11/13/2015   12:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jenny2U to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's my follow-up. Despite your protestations, you seem to love these fakes

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI....047675.l2565
Edited by Jenny2U - 11/13/2015 12:19 pm
Pillar Of The Community
1515 Posts
Posted 11/13/2015   12:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jenny2U to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
shermae that Facebook page is quite amusing. Shodan even tries to convince everyone that Staffa Island stamps are legit - even though no one has lived on the island for hundreds of years. I guess he thinks the pigeons need the postal services
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1326 Posts
Posted 11/13/2015   12:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Shodan's eBid store contains 113 lots of material that relate to this thread. Twelve are priced for over $300 and as high as $1,500. Thus, the confirmation that his posts are simply for self-promotion and the attempt to increase the value of the simulated material he sells for profit.

Here is an example of an item that is a manufactured, simulated error he offers for $300 in which he suggests a value of $2,000 - $3,000. A deliberate attempt to artificially create an impression of a price-value relationship that only defrauds buyers through misleading ad copy.

http://us.ebid.net/for-sale/nevis-1...35780511.htm

Below is another lot being offered for $100 for which Shodan claims a value of $750, again to create the impression of rarity and future value for a mass-produced simulated "error."

http://us.ebid.net/for-sale/nevis-1...35780519.htm

Representing this kind of material as "errors" and suggesting a value higher than the price for sale is fraudulent. These items were intentionally manufactured in quantity and thus are fakes or simulations of errors.
Valued Member
77 Posts
Posted 11/13/2015   1:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Shodan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Fakes.

Follow up forum dweller....
Valued Member
77 Posts
Posted 11/13/2015   1:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Shodan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1326 Posts
Posted 11/13/2015   1:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So now Shodan is admitting he's manipulating the SCF forums?
Pillar Of The Community
1515 Posts
Posted 11/13/2015   1:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jenny2U to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
He's finally acknowledging what we all knew from the beginning.

"Things come apart so easily when they have been held together with lies."

Quote:
So easy to control....

Ummm we called you an opportunistic fake. You fooled very few.

Edited by Jenny2U - 11/13/2015 1:52 pm
Valued Member
77 Posts
Posted 11/13/2015   1:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Shodan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Shodan exposes the truth.
And you are showing your true natures simply in the words and way you are attacking me which shows throughout this thread.
I simply have made you expose yourself for what you truly are.

Anyone with intelligence can see it. You obviously.....cannot.
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.64 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05