Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Stamps Of Indonesia On Album Pages.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27490 Posts
Posted 05/19/2017   9:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rod222 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Mostly hinged.
Steiner Page 3.

Withdrawn FDC

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
2013 Posts
Posted 05/19/2017   9:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add area66 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, we gone need a forum sub category for Rod222 albums.....

Can I ask you what they means by figure of value, I know it's numeral stamps, but I don't understand the phrasing. What is the difference with Numeral Value ?

Quote:
Mostly hinged.

So bad, I was to ask you where you get those incredible clear mounts
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27490 Posts
Posted 05/19/2017   10:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What is the difference with Numeral Value ?

If I understand you correctly, it means there is a numeral figure, as the main design of the stamp, (as opposed to a vignette of a persons bust, or landscape)

It is the Catalogue's way, to describe the set.

Pillar Of The Community
2013 Posts
Posted 05/19/2017   10:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add area66 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod, actually I really don't understand the meaning , English is not my first language, I use word to correct all my posts.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27490 Posts
Posted 05/20/2017   12:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

OK
How about....
The design on the stamps are numerals (Numbers) instead of pictures.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27490 Posts
Posted 05/20/2017   01:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

On a new tack.
New Page Numbering System.

These are before my purchase of Steiner.
The page number shall be the lowest Scott stamp number on the Page.

(Pages include semi postals etc, not B.o.b. (Back of book))
Hinged and clear mounts.

Page 0387

Page 0517

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4425 Posts
Posted 05/20/2017   03:34 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I quite like the Indonesian stamps. Mainly used stamp collectiors as a cash cow, of course, but the stamps have proper local themes and are attractive. And you can build a fairly comprehensive collection pretty cheaply.

I suppose you had to start calling charity stamps "semi-postals" as a condition of purchasing the Steiner CD, Rod?

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27490 Posts
Posted 05/20/2017   06:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Agree with your comments Geoff regarding Indonesia,
New collectors can get a nice representative collection for peanuts.
There is a bite in the tail, however, some miniature sheets are hugely expensive.

Quote:
I suppose you had to start calling charity stamps "semi-postals" as a condition of purchasing the Steiner CD, Rod?

Au contraire! Geoff.
I absolutely follow and appreciate Scott's "Semi postal" and "Air" at B.o.b.
It make collecting so much more compartmentalised in my opinion.

Thumbing constantly through Stanley Gibbons nearly drove me to distraction.

I know there are passionate followers of both regimes.

Edited by rod222 - 05/20/2017 06:24 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27490 Posts
Posted 05/20/2017   06:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Page 0523

Page 0544

Valued Member
Denmark
427 Posts
Posted 05/20/2017   06:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ClassicalStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott's compartmentalisation nearly drove me to dump Steiners pages for Romania and Soviet Union. Breaking sets up like that....

To each his own :-)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1326 Posts
Posted 05/20/2017   11:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with you both Rod and Geoff. I really like the earlier material from Indonesia. I only collect definitives but this country as a lot of them to seek out. Never issued for the sake of "wallpapering" collections with garbage and while the the production quality is not great, the quality marries well to the era of issue in a developing country c. 1940s - 1950s.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27490 Posts
Posted 05/21/2017   7:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Page 550.

Page 565.

Page 574.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27490 Posts
Posted 05/23/2017   10:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Page 581

Page 585

Page 593

Valued Member
51 Posts
Posted 06/03/2017   04:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add withdrawn to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Based on the article above on the withdrawn FDC (@rod222, thanks for the hint in another thread), you helped me creating another page in my collection. Thank you

Here the respective website content:

https://withdrawn-english.jimdo.com...orld-cup-94/

Also since it was shown in the article, two further stamps which caused withdrawal in 1994:

https://withdrawn-english.jimdo.com...a-and-fauna/
Edited by withdrawn - 06/03/2017 04:23 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27490 Posts
Posted 06/03/2017   04:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you WD,
good luck on your Journey.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05