Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Stamps Of Chad (Tchad).

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 3,396Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33615 Posts
Posted 08/06/2017   6:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rod222 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

1972 Air.
5 Values + Miniature sheet : CV $43 / $6 2009

Thematics: Elephants and Giraffes.

Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33615 Posts
Posted 08/06/2017   6:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Steiner Page 25.
75th Anniversary of Zeppelin.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
Posted 08/11/2017   6:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bakechad to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1979 for the 1980 Winter Olympics

Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
3205 Posts
Posted 08/11/2017   6:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
People in Chad have never seen snow ;so I guess thats why they printed these stamps.The guns ;well; they have seen those...
Kenyan Phillip Boit ,10 km cross country,Nagano

Edited by perf12 - 08/11/2017 7:00 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33615 Posts
Posted 08/11/2017   8:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Nice scans, Bakechad !
Thank you.

Steiner Page 66.

Steiner Page 31.
Chess : Karpov.

Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
Posted 07/29/2018   10:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add msdot281 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I hope this is a suitable place to post this souvenir sheet and a couple of questions pertaining thereto. And I apologize for the poor quality of the photo - I used the optimizer on the website, but it really affected the quality!

First, there is no glue on the back of these stamps. Second, note the order of the stamps on the sheet. They jump from 10 F, 30 F, 50 F and 25 F on the top row. It doesn't get any better with the succeeding rows, with the lowest value in the set being the 2nd stamp in the 3rd row.

It's not like these stamps have any great value ($6.00 per the 2014 Scott Catalog), so I'm not sure if what I have is a genuine souvenir sheet or not. Can someone who knows something about Chad stamps please help me with these stamps? Thank you if you can!

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33615 Posts
Posted 07/29/2018   11:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well, I hope this is a suitable place to post this souvenir sheet and a couple of questions pertaining thereto.

Absolutely. As long as you do not double post, that is frowned upon.

Opinion:
Check the commentary in Scott after 1959, looks like the beginning of Hijinx,
Lots of imperforates released in trial colours and issued colours.

I'd suggest your sheet is genuine, and came without gum as issued.

The relevence of having the stamps printed in value sequence (or otherwise) means little.
Enjoy your sheet of Apostles.

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5972 Posts
Posted 07/30/2018   04:27 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This isn't a miniature sheet. The stamps were only issued se tenant, without gum, in this form, hence the pricing in catalogues for all twelve.
Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
Posted 07/30/2018   6:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add msdot281 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Rod and GeofHa! I appreciate your responses. And, oops - I did do a separate post after I posted this because I wasn't sure this would get read. Sorry! (I do learn from my mistakes, though!)
Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
Posted 07/30/2018   6:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add msdot281 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
GeofHa, Actually, the stamps were individually valued in Scott, ranging from 25 cents for the first 5 stamps up to $1.25 for the 100F, and the sheet of 12 being valued at $6.00.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33615 Posts
Posted 03/23/2019   7:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some Chad (Tchad) Issues, in Scott order, muted so as not to offend catalogue number copyright.

Note: For new collectors. Tchad stamps, inscribed "Poste Arienne" in Scott, can be found listed either in the general year pages, OR back of book under Air Post listings.

The "French Nobility" se-tenant pairs, attract the same Catalogue number, just differentiated by value tablet.

Edited by rod222 - 03/23/2019 8:00 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33615 Posts
Posted 11/16/2019   03:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1972 Steiner Page 49.
Valued Member
Belarus
118 Posts
Posted 11/16/2019   06:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vicaf60 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some Chad stamps from my Olympic collection

1968. Olympic Champions (corner stamps with sheet numbers):

Valued Member
Belarus
118 Posts
Posted 11/16/2019   06:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vicaf60 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Continued-1

Valued Member
Belarus
118 Posts
Posted 11/16/2019   06:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vicaf60 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Continued-2

Valued Member
Belarus
118 Posts
Posted 11/16/2019   06:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vicaf60 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Continued-3

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 3,396Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05