Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Most Terrible Forgery I Have Seen Today.

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2522 Posts
Posted 08/07/2019   6:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For instance the seller of the New Brunswick stamp has many genuine stamps also.I'm even going too bid on some things.I would say it's mostly a problem of people who sell WW material.They can't (or won't) verify everything;especialy overprinted stamps on old album pages,Memel,German areas,surcharged colony lots on album pages which you buy at your own risk anyway (If the pic of the lot is not good enough,and even then...).
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1388 Posts
Posted 08/07/2019   6:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The cancel alone on the New Brunswick would make me run.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3726 Posts
Posted 08/08/2019   12:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are 2 old Spiro (Hamburg, Germany) forgeries/facsimiles of Bolivian issues.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3726 Posts
Posted 08/19/2019   6:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a modern piece of fakery I found in some kiloware about a year ago. The word "DEUTSCHLAND" gets lost in the upgrade to one euro value. I'm glad the faker's glue held up in the soaking process.

Kind of reminds me of a line from the late Jim Croce's song "Bad, Bad Leroy Brown."

Edited by bookbndrbob - 08/19/2019 6:34 pm
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2522 Posts
Posted 09/08/2019   08:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Who does not wish to have a 1858 Moldavian bulls head stamp? E bay seller does not indicate it is a forgery;bidding startedů . (below)..

Genuine below; Corinphila Auction 210-212 lot 1062

Valued Member
United States
405 Posts
Posted 09/10/2019   12:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billsey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I've tried to picked up the more common forgeries of these off an on over the years, but they always seem to go for more than I'm willing to fork over. :)
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2522 Posts
Posted 09/13/2019   5:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The stamp just sold for $338. People are buying forgeries of these stamps at that price?
Valued Member
United States
405 Posts
Posted 09/16/2019   1:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billsey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The buyer thinks it's not a forgery and is going to be disappointed eventually, or their heirs will.
Valued Member
204 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   5:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Much to the seller's credit, they did change the listing to a "reference copy" with the associated drop in price when I told them they may want to consider the authenticity; but the overprint was clearly way off, even for a novice Ecuador collector.

Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2522 Posts
Posted 09/30/2019   04:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Listed as:'TUSCANY 80c Brown Provisional - GENUINE',Only problem it is not genuine.
Seller has some nice stamps in his listings;bidding has started on this stampů

Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2522 Posts
Posted 02/11/2020   2:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This one is easy.Seller (from France ! can you beleive it !) lists this terrible forgery as a 1862 official reprint(high catalog value) !.
Very surprisedů.! bidding has started !

_________________________________________________________________________________

Valued Member
United States
480 Posts
Posted 02/12/2020   7:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add danko to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure if this is forgery or not, but have a feeling that it is.

Tried to buy it for $3 was sold for $3.50.

Valued Member
France
18 Posts
Posted 02/13/2020   10:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,could enybody tell me if this is true?

Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2522 Posts
Posted 02/13/2020   1:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3726 Posts
Posted 02/18/2020   11:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Eupen and Malmedy rubber stamp overprints. Bonus: they bled through the paper.

Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05