Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is There An Album For Collecting Czech Stamps?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 56 / Views: 6,408Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
United States
105 Posts
Posted 11/12/2009   01:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add bwbollom to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have seen albums which have spots for all of the issued stamps by a specific country throughout the years, but through google and eBay searches I have not been able to find such an album for Czech/Czech Republic stamps. Has anyone seen such an album available? Most of my ancestors are from that country and I am considering starting to build a collection of Czech stamps...I already have a nice start just from randomly gathering them here and there. I just think it would be good to have a place to keep them and also to know what I have and don't have.

Also, I know that I just started posting here, so I can't buy or trade yet, but I hope to be around for a while...once I have the required amount of posts and length of time here on the forum, I'll probably be interested in seeing what anyone has available as far as Czech stamps are concerned. Just throwing that out there a little early, but I'm in no rush If anyone has info about the album, that would be great!

Thanks!
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Canada
208 Posts
Posted 11/12/2009   02:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add doodles69ca to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It will cost you $30.00 but go to www.stampalbums.com and you can get album pages for every country including what you are looking for. They are well done, and you can print them yourself on whatever type of paper you like, and your printer will accept. The pages are up to 2008 at the moment. They add new pages every year or so.
You can see a sample plus download and print some pages for USA for free, to see what you think of them, before you buy them.
You can also just buy the CD with all of the countries for $30.00 and then add $10.00 extra for the use of the sight as well for the year.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 11/12/2009   02:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello bwbollom, to the forum.

There is a site on the internet called www.albumpages.net in the USA that has pages listed there for Czechoslovakia and the Czech Republic.

Unfortunately I do not have first hand knowledge of their product to give you a recommendation though. The pages look pretty basic, no pictures, but squared off spaces for every Scott listed stamp.

There is also a site people here have used. You pay $20 a year or something like that and then download the images for the pages and print your own. I think!

Perhaps there actually is a specialized album. Made in the Czech Republic. One would like to think there would be anyway.

Doug
Edited by Puzzler - 11/12/2009 02:49 am
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
907 Posts
Posted 11/12/2009   02:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add WpgLwr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Logically speaking, there must be an album made in the Czech Republic for Czechoslovakian stamps; my suggestion is to find a Czech stamp society and see if such a thing exists.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6744 Posts
Posted 11/12/2009   03:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add khj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, welcome to Stamp Community Forum, bwbollom!

albumpages.net and stampalbums.com are very similar for a reason.

stampalbums.com is operated by Bill Steiner. The files for the album pages can be purchased/downloaded there.

albumpages.net is operated by Richard Simpson, who provides preprinted Steiner pages under license. If you just want the files, you need to go to stampalbums.com.

The above is the relatively low-budget album pages, but suitable for most collectors. I also use them. However, keep in mind that the pages are NOT error-free.

There are several other albums for Czechoslovakia and the Czech Republic made by the major album manufacturers.

These include Lighthouse, Lindner, and Palo Albums, just to name a few. These albums are very very nice, but not cheap. I believe all 3 of these companies also have hingeless versions of the album available for this country. You can Google to get their website. As far as I know, Scott no longer publishes the complete album, but the supplements are still made and are still available.

Kim
Edited by khj - 11/12/2009 03:07 am
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 11/12/2009   03:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Czechslovak Society:
http://www.csphilately.org/

Wikipedia article on Society (more details):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Societ...ak_Philately

A free custom album page design program:
(seems you should be a bit computer savvy)
http://www.thestampweb.com/

Pillar Of The Community
United States
522 Posts
Posted 11/12/2009   06:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ziggy9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
welcome to the forum

I use the pages from the stampalbums site mentioned above. I am happy with them as I can print them on the paper of my choice. Just be aware that you will also need a copy of the Scott album to identify the stamps as ther are no pictures of the stamps on the pages.

Good luck
Richard
Valued Member
United States
105 Posts
Posted 11/12/2009   3:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bwbollom to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, thank you everyone for the warm welcomes and all of the fantastic information about where to buy and download Czech albums! Also, the info about Czech philately is great too! I really appreciate it.

Just looking at the links, I see that what I thought was a nice start into the world of collecting Czechoslovak/Czech Republic stamps is really no where near that! I think I should probably just spend a little more time researching and collecting the stamps themselves before I even start to move toward an album...my "collection" in it's current state would look rather ridiculous buried in page after blank page of the album

I'll probably just keep collecting the stamps themselves for now and a little while in the future, I'll revisit the stampalbums.com site and create a book. Thanks again...especially for the welcomes! I'm sure I'll have many more questions in the near future!
Pillar Of The Community
USA
2736 Posts
Posted 11/12/2009   4:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobgggg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.paloalbums.com/index.php?c=1

Check this link for Palo albums...to the left click on the a to c countries, both Czeck and Czeck Republic albums
A Philatelic mind
is a terrible thing to waste
Edited by bobgggg - 11/12/2009 4:26 pm
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9747 Posts
Posted 11/12/2009   5:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
bw, many people collect the Hradcany Castle stamps of Czechoslovakia as a topical..they are not expensive and are plentiful..they come both perforated and imperforate..i hope you can read this article or perhaps blow it up...phil

APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6744 Posts
Posted 11/12/2009   6:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add khj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Phil, what issue of Linn's did that come from?

I will see if I can get a better pic up.

Thanks!

k
Valued Member
United States
105 Posts
Posted 11/12/2009   7:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bwbollom to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
philb: That's really cool! I'll have to keep an eye out for those!
Pillar Of The Community
China
1313 Posts
Posted 11/12/2009   7:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ZhangCheng to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Bwbollom,

Welcome to SCF.

Here is a link of my offer for Czech,welcome you to visit.
http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopi...f=27&t=14301

ZhangCheng

Pillar Of The Community
USA
9747 Posts
Posted 11/12/2009   9:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
KHJ I have had the clipping for a while..its probably a couple of years old..i will try another scan !!
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Valued Member
United States
105 Posts
Posted 11/12/2009   11:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bwbollom to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ZhangCheng: Thanks for the welcome! I have one order on the way...when that arrives and I get it sorted with the Czech stamps I already own, I will get back to you. I am not sure what all I will need at that point. Thanks!
Pillar Of The Community
China
1313 Posts
Posted 11/12/2009   11:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ZhangCheng to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Bwbollom,

Thanks for your visit and reply.Mine is very common item,so I also need more better Czech stamps,if you have some redundant Czech stamps want to sell,please feel free let me know,I will be very interested.

Thanks again for your reply.

Best wishes,
ZhangCheng

Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 56 / Views: 6,408Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.89 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05