Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

1947 U.S. CIPEX Card

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
99 Posts
Posted 10/11/2018   9:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rugface to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Attached are scans of a 1947 CIPEX card I recently found at a local show. I've been collecting CIPEX material for several years but have never seen this card before. It is printed on a Scott UX27 postal card.

I suspect it was published by a Masonic organization (both Franklin and Washington were active Masons). The central image on the illustration side contains Masonic related symbols: compass & square, roses, cross. On the indicium side, the upper left corner reproduces one of the labels published for the show.

I would appreciate any information anyone might be able to provide. Extensive googling found nothing; there is nothing in the show program showing the card.

Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
24520 Posts
Posted 10/12/2018   08:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Eureka Specialty Printing company ?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
99 Posts
Posted 10/12/2018   5:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rugface to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, rod222. I can find nothing indicating whether Eureka Specialty Printing printed the card. I couldn't find any related info by googling. There are no names or logos that I can find on the card indicating who published or printed the card. Guess it will have to remain a mystery for now.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
24520 Posts
Posted 10/12/2018   11:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rugface,
Neither could I.
I was going on maybe printers highly involved at that time.
http://goscf.com/t/57526

Just a shot in the dark.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
24520 Posts
Posted 10/12/2018   11:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rugface,

you may be interested in this one, looks like a sibling.....................

Ooops.. Looks like a printed envelope, not a postcard.

Edited by rod222 - 10/12/2018 11:49 pm
Valued Member
United States
99 Posts
Posted 10/13/2018   10:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rugface to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rod222: Thanks for your continued efforts to help resolve my question. Very much appreciated.

While there are some similarities in the printing style between my card and the Fleetwood/Knapp FDC card, the quality of the Fleetwood card is far superior. I have no idea whose signature (E.R. Grove?) is on the Hipstamp card (also cross posted on eBay). My copy of the Fleetwood FDC does not have this signature; none of the others listed on eBay have it, either. I did some searching to see if Grove was perhaps a postmaster but the USPS Postmaster Finder shows no one with that name. Googling also produced no relevant information.

Again, thanks for your help. The mystery continues.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05