Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Albumeasy Tips And Tricks

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
South Africa
220 Posts
Posted 10/14/2018   2:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Perfin_RK to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I needed to get one heading for two stamps
Through a bit of trial and error I got this solution

PAGE_TEXT_CENTRE_VSPACE (HS 9 "Perforation 14" .5)

PAGE_TEXT_CENTRE_VSPACE (HS 9 "Letters In all 4 Corners" 4) #_VSPACE

ROW_START_FS (HS 6 0.1 6.0)
STAMP_ADD (23.0 26.0 "2d \n Blue \n Perforations" " " "Two Penny Blue \n Letters \n Top HF Bottom FH" " ")
STAMP_ADD (23.0 26.0 "1d \n Red \n Perforations" " " "One Penny Red \n Letters \n Top CK Bottom KC" " ")

to get this

Is there a more elegant solution, although this does the job for me.

If anyone else has any other solutions to share please feel free to share them here.

Ray
Send note to Staff
Edited by Perfin_RK - 10/14/2018 2:56 pm

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6394 Posts
Posted 10/14/2018   4:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I do not see anything wrong with your page, but could you post a picture of the whole page? Maybe we can see what you mean.

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
South Africa
220 Posts
Posted 10/14/2018   4:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perfin_RK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
OK will do just couldn't find an easy way to put one heading for both stamps

Ray
Valued Member
South Africa
220 Posts
Posted 10/15/2018   01:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perfin_RK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is no easy way to do this what I can see in the program so had to find a work around, tried with STAMP_ADD_BLANK but does not put a heading above.
Valued Member
Canada
192 Posts
Posted 10/15/2018   11:19 am  Show Profile Check clivel's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add clivel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Perfin_RK,
You could of course use a STAMP_HEADING or STAMP_HEADING_VA command which adds a heading centred above the stamp.

STAMP_HEADING_PADDING (-2.0)

ROW_START_FS (HS 6 0.1 6.0)
STAMP_ADD (23.0 26.0 "2d \n Blue \n Perforations" " " "Two Penny Blue \n Letters \n Top HF Bottom FH" " ")
STAMP_HEADING(HS 9 "Perforation 14 \n Letters In all 4 Corners\n" 14.5)
STAMP_ADD (23.0 26.0 "1d \n Red \n Perforations" " " "One Penny Red \n Letters \n Top CK Bottom KC" " ")

The STAMP_HEADING command take an optional fourth parameter used to shift the heading horizontally. To centre it above the gap I used 14.5mm which is the width of the stamp plus half the width of the gap.

The STAMP_HEADING_PADDING command adjusts the spacing between the heading and the stamp box for all subsequent headings.

Clive
AlbumEasy - Free software for creating custom stamp album pages
Valued Member
South Africa
220 Posts
Posted 10/15/2018   11:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perfin_RK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Clive for the life of me I just couldn't find that 4th option hence my work around
much more elegant solution. Thanks again clive
Valued Member
South Africa
220 Posts
Posted 10/15/2018   12:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perfin_RK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all here is a picture of my page so far, any comments or suggestions are most welcome

This is page 3 of a 4 page part of an album.
Valued Member
South Africa
220 Posts
Posted 10/15/2018   12:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perfin_RK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are the other 3 pages so far.

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3 above

Page 4
Valued Member
Canada
192 Posts
Posted 10/15/2018   1:55 pm  Show Profile Check clivel's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add clivel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Those pages look great Perfin_RK,
Thanks for showing them :)
Clive
Valued Member
South Africa
220 Posts
Posted 10/15/2018   2:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perfin_RK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Clive, All done in AbumEasy, was fun to do
Valued Member
South Africa
220 Posts
Posted 10/16/2018   01:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perfin_RK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Clive thanks for the email made the changes

Ray
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26645 Posts
Posted 10/16/2018   05:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Typo
"The two penny blue's where the first"...
"Where" should be "were"

I am not an expert, so the accuracy of your pages I'll leave for others.
They do look super.

Valued Member
South Africa
220 Posts
Posted 10/16/2018   1:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perfin_RK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
here are the corrected pages as always comments welcome.

Valued Member
United States
422 Posts
Posted 06/02/2019   02:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add danko to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is there a way to make stamp boxes fill with Black color? So the stamp picture will be on the black background?
Valued Member
Canada
192 Posts
Posted 06/02/2019   02:33 am  Show Profile Check clivel's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add clivel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is there a way to make stamp boxes fill with Black color? So the stamp picture will be on the black background?

Not in the current version.

However, AlbumEasy V4.0 which I will be releasing in the next few days (I am doing final testing at the moment), does provide support for coloured backgrounds in stamp boxes.

I have also added support for double borders on stamp boxes. To save ink, instead of filling the entire background, you can use a thick inner border - once the stamp is in place it will look like the whole box is filled.

If you want to be notified when V4.0 is released, contact me via the AlbumEasy web site and I will add you to the list of people to notify.
Clive

Valued Member
South Africa
220 Posts
Posted 06/02/2019   03:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perfin_RK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good news Clive looking forward to the new release
Regards Ray
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05