Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

List Of All Countries In Scott Catalogue In Order In Catalogs

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2430 Posts
Posted 11/10/2018   5:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add angore to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone created and willing to share a list (excel, etc) of all the countries in Scott catalogs and in the same order?

Send note to Staff
Al

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1270 Posts
Posted 11/12/2018   6:48 pm  Show Profile Check CanadaStamp's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CanadaStamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Your request is unclear. Are you asking for the index of all volumes in one file?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2430 Posts
Posted 11/12/2018   8:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I was looking for a listing of all countries - just the names of the countries not the numbers -- in the order they appear in the catalog. Each catalog does not have a table of contents for the catalog.

So it would be.

US
UN
Abu Dhabi
Aden
etc
Al
Edited by angore - 11/12/2018 8:27 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
258 Posts
Posted 11/13/2018   5:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tlmcca to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a tab-delimited text file that I abstracted from a PDF file I found on the internet containing the index from Volume 6 of the Scott catalogue copyrighted 2007. That said I don't know what the legality of sharing it would be and would be interested to know what others think.

Terry
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
1439 Posts
Posted 11/13/2018   9:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jkjblue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is an alphabetical country list for the classical (1840-1940) era - intended for Big Blue users (Scott International Part I) - in excel format if that would be helpful.

The Excel Spreadsheet Big Blue Country Collection Inventory is available as a download link in this blog post..

http://bigblue1840-1940.blogspot.co...mpleted.html
Classical era collecting with the Blues
http://bigblue1840-1940.blogspot.com/
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2430 Posts
Posted 11/14/2018   06:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have the Big Blue checklist so that may get me closer but still need to sort by how they appear in catalog.
Al
Pillar Of The Community
596 Posts
Posted 11/25/2018   11:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
How long would it take to type one up? Probably a few hours at least. There's an "Index and Identifier" at the back of each catalogue which tells you which volume every country is located in. So that's a list of all countries in all six catalogues arranged alphabetically. Each country is followed by its volume number location. Photocopy or scan that, and you have a usable list. Or you might be able to use that to type your own list. There's also a "Currency Conversion" list at the front which may include all (most?) of the countries in that volume. But it's not already done for you, of course. It does seem a little odd that Scott catalogues have no Table of Contents listing all countries in each catalogue. I wonder why?
Learn More...
United States
4675 Posts
Posted 11/26/2018   09:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kirks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Angore:

I meant to reply to this the other day and got sidetracked. I wonder if you emailed them, would they provide the table of contents -- it's not likely that would diminish their potentials sales.

I emailed you the full list, harvested from the Amos website. I'm not sure if this list is exhaustive, but ( https://www.amosadvantage.com/produ...vol-1-us-a-b ) for VOL 1, it says...

Quote:
United States - Afghanistan - Aitutaki - Albania - Algeria - Andorra (French / Spanish) - Angola - Anguilla - Antigua - Argentina - Armenia - Aruba - Ascension - Australia - Australian Antarctic Territory - Austria - Azerbaijan - Bahamas - Bahrain - Bangladesh - Barbados - Barbuda - Belarus - Belgium - Belize - Benin - Bermuda - Bhutan - Bolivia - Bosnia & Herzegovina - Botswana - Brazil - British Antactic Territory - British Indian Ocean Territory - Brunei - Bulgaria - Burkina Gaso - Burma - Burundi and the following entities: United Nations - New York, United Nations - Geneva, United Nations - Vienna.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
4333 Posts
Posted 11/26/2018   10:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Why limit yourself just to Scott ? There are many areas Scott doesn't list.
Learn More...
United States
4675 Posts
Posted 11/26/2018   10:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kirks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
2019 VOLUME 1 (US & A-B)
United States
Afghanistan
Aitutaki
Albania
Algeria
Andorra (French / Spanish)
Angola
Anguilla
Antigua
Argentina
Armenia
Aruba
Ascension
Australia
Australian Antarctic Territory
Austria
Azerbaijan
Bahamas
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Barbados
Barbuda
Belarus
Belgium
Belize
Benin
Bermuda
Bhutan
Bolivia
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Botswana
Brazil
British Antactic Territory
British Indian Ocean Territory
Brunei
Bulgaria
Burkina Gaso
Burma
Burundi
United Nations - New York
United Nations – Geneva
United Nations – Vienna
Learn More...
United States
4675 Posts
Posted 11/26/2018   10:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kirks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
2019 VOLUME 2 (C-F)
Cambodia
Cameroon
Canada
Cape Verde
Caribbean Netherlands
Cayman Islands
Central African Republic
Chad
Chile
China
Christmas Island
Cocos Island
Colombia
Comoro Islands
Congo Republic
Cook Islands
Costa Rica
Croatia
Curacao
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Djibouti
Dominica
Dominican Republic
Ecuador
Egypt
Equatorial Guinea
Eritrea
Estonia
Ethiopia
Falkland Islands
Faroe Islands
Fiji
Finland
France
French Polynesia
French Southern & Antarctic Territory
Fujeira
Learn More...
United States
4675 Posts
Posted 11/26/2018   10:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kirks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
2019 VOLUME 3 (G-I)
Gabon
Gambia
Georgia
Germany
Ghana
Gibraltar
Great Britain
Alderney
Guernsey
Jersey
Isle of Man
Greece
Mount Athos
Greenland
Grenada
Grenada Grenadines
Guatemala
Guinea
Guinea-Bissau
Guyana
Haiti
Honduras
Hong Kong
Hungary
Iceland
India
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Ivory Coast
Learn More...
United States
4675 Posts
Posted 11/26/2018   10:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kirks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
2019 VOLUME 4 (J-M)
Jamaica
Japan
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kenya
Kiribati
North Korea
South Korea
Kosovo
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
Laos
Latvia
Lebanon
Lesotho
Liberia
Libya
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Macao
Macedonia
Malagasy Republic
Malawi
Malaysia
Maldive Islands
Mali
Malta
Marshall Islands
Mauritania
Mauritius
Mexico
Micronesia
Moldova
Monaco
Mongolia
Montenegro
Montserrat
Morocco
Mozambique
Learn More...
United States
4675 Posts
Posted 11/26/2018   10:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kirks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
2019 VOLUME 5 (N-Sam)
Namibia
Nauru
Nepal
Netherlands
Nevis
New Caledonia
New Zealand
Nicaragua
Niger
Nigeria
Niue
Norfolk Island
Norway
Oman
Pakistan
Palau
Palestinian Authority
Panama
Papua New Guinea
Paraguay
Penrhyn Island
Peru
Philippines
Pitcairn Islands
Poland
Portugal
Portugal (Azores)
Portugal (Maderia)
Aatar
Romania
Russia
Rwanda
St. Helena
St. Kitts
St. Lucia
St. Martin
St. Pierre & Miquelon
St. Thomas & Prince
St. Vincent
St. Vincent Grenadines
El Salvador
Samoa
Learn More...
United States
4675 Posts
2019 VOLUME 6 (San-Z)
San Marino
Saudi Arabia
Senegal
Serbia
Seychelles
Sierra Leone
Singapore
Slovakia
Slovenia
Solomon Islands
Somalia
South Africa
South Georgia & South Sandwich Isles
Spain
Sri Lanka
Sudan
Surinam
Swaziland
Sweden
Switzerland
Syria
Tajikistan
Tanzania
Thailand
Timor
Togo
Tokelau
Tonga
Niuafoiou
Trinidad & Tobago
Tristan da Cunha
Tunisia
Turkey
Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
Turkmenistan
Turks & Caicos Islands
Tuvalu
Uganda
Ukraine
United Arab Emirates
Uruguay
Uzbekistan
Vanautu
Vatican City
Venezuela
Vietnam
Virgin Islands
Wallis & Futuna Islands
Yemen
Zambia
Zaire (Congo Democratic Republic)
Zimbabwe

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2430 Posts
Posted 11/26/2018   6:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks.
Al
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.06 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05