Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is This A C-grill? 2 Cents George Washington

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
36 Posts
Posted 01/13/2019   12:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ok1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
mdroth
thanks for your honest opinion. The risk is always there that some forgers manipulate the stamps with inks etc. I dont think its glue on the grill its only reflection from the light.
But I think its genunine withouth manipulations.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
36 Posts
Posted 01/13/2019   12:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ok1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
entire cover..
Edited by ok1 - 01/13/2019 12:20 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2001 Posts
Posted 01/13/2019   12:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sinclair2010 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The apparent number of grill columns puts it well outside of the F-grill range and seems to be right for an E-grill. Couple that with the color and it is in likelihood an E-GRILL, Scott #88. Better images would help confirm.
Valued Member
12 Posts
Posted 01/13/2019   2:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add the columbian to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I dont jump on the bandwagon. Its not an F-Grill and E-Grill, this stamp has more horizontal and vertical points than the mentioned.
I agree with Ok1 that its a point up Grill.
This is to asses when the ink is on the peaks. And this stamp fulfills this.
This grill was put on the backside of the stamp so that there are peaks in front of the stamp that are raised.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2243 Posts
Posted 01/13/2019   2:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ok1, is the scan of your cover the seller's scan? It looks familiar. eBay seller cjmce1, by any chance?
Valued Member
36 Posts
Posted 01/13/2019   2:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ok1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
littleriverphil
No I buyed this outside of eBay from a private seller.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2243 Posts
Posted 01/13/2019   2:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice cancel.

Valued Member
12 Posts
Posted 01/13/2019   2:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add the columbian to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Roughly the grill seems to go where the yellow lines are. I dont whant spend hours to determine this. Its far from accurate but the grill seems relatively big to others. It would be better to determine with a proper scan.
Valued Member
36 Posts
Posted 01/13/2019   2:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ok1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
the columbian thanks. I try to make a proper scan with low angle to see better the grill.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05