Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need An Overall Content Index For The Minkus Specialty Albums

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member

United States
61 Posts
Posted 07/05/2019   10:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add MillsapBaker to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Does anyone know where to find an index of the countries represented in each of Minkus' Specialty Albums? That is, a complete list of the Minkus Specialty Albums and which countries/issuing authorities were printed in each?

You see, like a number of collectors, I decided on a hybrid Minkus Specialty/Supreme Album set for my WW comprehensive album (yes, wall space was a factor), but I don't know which albums to be searching for. Apparently, the albums originally had a table of contents page, but often it's not shown in ads so I don't know what to search for, or what I've really got when I find one (until it arrives)!

If such an index doesn't yet exist, I would be glad to put it together. If you have any of those Minkus Specialty albums' table-of-contents pages, would you please share an image of it, or if you can't post images, then perhaps enter the album name and a list of the countries that were included?

To get this started, I'm listing the Specialty Albums that I know were printed, and the title pages that I have perhaps other Minkus users can benefit as well. Thank you so much for your help.
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
Posted 07/05/2019   10:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MillsapBaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A list of the available 2-post and 3-post albums, as shown on the inside flap of the dustcover for my "Korea, Thailand" album. (This is the longest list that I have come across so far. If you have a longer list, please share!!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
Posted 07/05/2019   11:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MillsapBaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is "Poland":
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
Posted 07/05/2019   11:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MillsapBaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is "Czechoslovakia":
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
Posted 07/05/2019   11:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MillsapBaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And Hungary:
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
Posted 07/05/2019   11:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MillsapBaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Italy:
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
Posted 07/05/2019   11:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MillsapBaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Netherlands:
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
Posted 07/05/2019   11:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MillsapBaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And Portugal:
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
Posted 07/05/2019   11:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MillsapBaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some of the country albums only contain the country itself. For example, "Mongolia", "Peoples Republic of China", "Korea, Thailand", and "San Marino".
I'll post more, as I get them -- but would really appreciate your input. Thanks, James
Pillar Of The Community
United States
524 Posts
Posted 07/05/2019   1:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fredcdobbs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

1961 edition
Belgium
Occupations
Belgian Congo
Belgian Urundi - Belgian East Africa

1972 edition
Great Britain
Great Britain regional issues
Guernsey
Jersey
Isle of Man
Northern Ireland
Scotland
Wales & Monmouthshire
Crete, Ionian Islands
Levant
Cyprus
Gibralter
Malta
Ireland

I have several more, will post later.

Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
Posted 07/05/2019   8:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MillsapBaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, I really do appreciate it. The '72 edition, is that the one titled "British Europe"?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
524 Posts
Posted 07/05/2019   9:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fredcdobbs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, title is British Europe,my oversight, I did not make that clear.

Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
Posted 07/06/2019   07:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MillsapBaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, I really appreciate that one. That title seemed especially vague, like the other "British..." titles and "Ind. States of Africa". That cleared up placement of their Mediterranean islands. Still wondering where they put their Middle East possessions,with "B. Asia" or "B. Africa".
Pillar Of The Community
United States
524 Posts
Posted 07/06/2019   9:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fredcdobbs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1972 Liechtenstein
No index
New format,Black three ring binder,typical cover page and intro page, gold embossed cover and spine, heavy stock pages, rounded corners, has coat of arms on each page, my copy has pages to 1984/ 1985
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
Posted 07/07/2019   06:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MillsapBaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, but that reminds me of another, related question -- are the 3-ring albums (also listed on the dust cover in my first picture, above) a separate, overlapping set of albums? Or, are they non-overlapping with the Minkus Specialty albums. That is, for example, if I wanted comprehensive Minkus Liechtenstein pages, would I have to get a 3-ring Liechtenstein album, or is Liechtenstein also covered in one of the 2-post, Specialty albums?
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
Posted 07/07/2019   12:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MillsapBaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Germany (not DDR):
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05