Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Scott #363 8 Cent George Washington Olive Green On Bluish Paper N.h

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

France
31 Posts
Posted 08/17/2019   3:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Pklee355 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6452 Posts
Posted 08/17/2019   3:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It does not really look like bluish paper, but please get rid of that awful background. Most stamps should be viewed on a black matte background, but bluish paper is best recognized on orange.

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
France
31 Posts
Posted 08/17/2019   4:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pklee355 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok I'll take some other pics thanks
Valued Member
France
31 Posts
Posted 08/17/2019   4:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pklee355 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
983 Posts
Posted 08/17/2019   4:39 pm  Show Profile Check ray.mac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ray.mac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This stamp was not intended to be on the market, but somehow ONE sheet of 100 was removed, IIRC. Same with the 4c stamp. No chance in any way of "stumbling" upon a 4c or 8c bluish paper.....sorry.

Thanks, Ray
Valued Member
United States
370 Posts
Posted 08/17/2019   4:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wtcrowe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Why do you think this is a Scott 363? Have you checked the watermark? Based on your scan the paper looks nothing like that of a Scott 363. This stamp was never sold across the counter of a Post Office and all copies went into philatelic hands. It is thought that approximately 80 copies were traded to Philatelic dealers for items that the Smithsonian needed for its collection. These all came from a single sheet. Stamps with a plate number or imprint are known with a left margin. As your stamp has a straight edge at left it can't be from the sheet.
Valued Member
France
31 Posts
Posted 08/17/2019   7:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pklee355 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Why is that so impossible seeing Is believing 8 cent on bluish paper it's real
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3386 Posts
Posted 08/17/2019   7:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6452 Posts
Posted 08/17/2019   7:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
http://goscf.com/t/41087

On this post is a picture showing blue paper. It has a grey tint to it. Yours has reddish tint

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3210 Posts
Posted 08/17/2019   7:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, definitely NOT "bluish" paper. I have seen some, and they are quite grey in appearance. The OP's almost looks like it was soaked too long and took on some red/pinkish tint from something.
Valued Member
France
31 Posts
Posted 08/17/2019   8:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pklee355 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well I made a mistake when I posted the first 2 pucks I should have used the orange background like I was supposed to seems like everyone is so fast to discredit a historical find like this maybe cause you don't have one or anything like it
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6452 Posts
Posted 08/17/2019   8:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you feel your stamp is on blue paper it is worth it to have it certified

Peter

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
78 Posts
Posted 08/17/2019   8:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bud to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pklee, if you're going to insult folks who take the time to give you their views on such material, why do you even bother to seek opinions on SCF? I have bluish paper stamps 357, 358, and 359, all mint, and their paper color looks nothing like your example. If you're convinced you have a "historical find," do as Peter suggests and have it certified.
Valued Member
United States
264 Posts
Posted 08/17/2019   8:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Philazilla to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with you Pklee355! You definitely have a 363! I think you should go spend $30,000 right away - you have won the jackpot!! Congratulations!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05