Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canada Computer Vended Postage (Kiosk Postage, Cvp, Atm, Frama)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

15 Posts
Posted 08/18/2019   12:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add atm_hunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Dear all,
I am currently writing a catalog on computer vended postage (CVP, ATM, Frama) from non-European, non-US countries.

Of course, it'll also include Canada (see screenshot of the 2-page draft of the Canada section).

I am going to list four issues:

[1] 09/2008 Pitney Bowes issue
- listed small and large format stamps; kiosk IDs

[2] 12/2012 Wincor Nixdorf issue (maple leaf)
- listed two print runs; depicted label with lines for printer adjustment

[3] 10/2016 Diebold Nixdorf issue (paintings)
- listed 14- and 18-digit numbers; "11" error; kiosk IDs

[4] Besides, I will list the issue for of a vending machine trial (Klussendorf?) that supposedly happened in a Montreal PO in the 1990s.

Send note to Staff
Edited by atm_hunter - 08/18/2019 12:09 pm

Valued Member
15 Posts
Posted 08/18/2019   12:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add atm_hunter to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There are still a few things that I am still missing and that is why I thought I'll open a new thread on Canadian CVP.

[1] As for the current Canadian paintings issue, I understand that there are ten kiosks.

I got this information from the respective Stamp Community thread.

Unfortunately, it is not complete and there is one Toronto machine (Dominion Post Office at 77 King St. W. i), which nobody reported the machine number of:

4 original kiosks:

1. Richmond Hil Drive-Thru Parcel Center at 8889 Yonge St. in Richmond Hill: 104965

2. Edmonton Drive-Thru Parcel Center at 17310 99th Ave. in Edmonton: 105260

3. and 4. Vancouver Main Post Office, 495 West Georgia Street in Vancouver: 105341

6 new kiosks:

1. Vancouver Bentall Centre at 595 Burrard St. in Vancouver: 105856

2. West Georgia Post Office at 710 Granville St. in Vancouver: 105937

3. Dominion Post Office at 77 King St. W. in Toronto: ??????

4. Shopper's Drug Mart at 465 Yonge St. in Toronto: 105929

5. Shopper's Drug Mart at 279 Yonge St. in Toronto: 106011

6. Pharmaprix at 901 Sainte-Catherine St. E. in Montréal: 106038

Does anybody know the machine number of the Toronto kiosk located in the Dominion Post Office?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
15 Posts
Posted 08/18/2019   12:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add atm_hunter to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
[2] Also, is there anyone who knows anything about this vending machine trial in Montreal some +20 years ago? So far, I have only seen this kind of blank label.

[3] Are there any test prints of the 2012 and 2016 issues existing? If so, does anyone have a copy to show? I do remember that nil values of the maple leaf issue exist but was not able to get a scan for the catalog yet

[4] Any suggestions as to what else should be mentioned/listed in this semi-specialized catalog regarding Canada?
I would really appreciate any kind of help, information, or feedback.

Thank you so much,
karim

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2981 Posts
Posted 08/18/2019   12:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck with your writing atm_hunter! Keeping up with the rapid changes worldwide in this area is a "tall order."

Please announce on SCF when your catalog hits the market.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05