Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Thank You Much It's Been Nice

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
7 Posts
Posted 10/20/2019   11:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add unique collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Thank you

Send note to Staff
Edited by unique collector - 10/21/2019 07:19 am

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5697 Posts
Posted 10/20/2019   11:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok I'm confused. There are 3 different stamps you are showing.

Are they all yours?
Which one/s do you believe are 596's?
Why do you believe it is a 596?
Can you show a scan of the back of the stamp you believe to be the 596?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
2256 Posts
Posted 10/20/2019   11:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Unique,
Welcome to the group. Several thoughts come to mind echoing stallzer who was typing as I was:

1. The odds are very, very long against anyone finding one copy, let alone two. Like Powerball odds. Similar-looking stamps were made in the billions. Yes, billions.

2. The photos you supply are inadequate to receive any meaningful feedback. Please post hi-resolution scans of front and back sides of both stamps, showing the complete perforations on all sides. You may find the back-side request unusual, but it is educational to see what can be learned/proved from the back.

3. Then tell us what features of each you believe support an ID of 596.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2366 Posts
Posted 10/20/2019   11:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chasa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
top pair of pictures are from the Siegel 596 census
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3276 Posts
Posted 10/20/2019   11:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
To jump in here also, the lesson that is taught to many newcomers is to always presume that you have the LEAST valuable version of a stamp, and then to explain why you assume it to be the MOST valuable. I suggest you say that "I know that one would first assume this is an X stamp, but I believe it is a Y stamp because I first did some research and found that ..." That will get you a few more looks on this board. Good luck!
Edited by Partime - 10/20/2019 11:40 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3760 Posts
Posted 10/20/2019   11:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No. Very rare. 5 known with roller cancel. Let the learning begin.
Valued Member
United States
388 Posts
Posted 10/21/2019   12:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Philazilla to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All the experts here will tell you that you don't have a 596. Will you listen to them? I disagree with John Becker on the odds. Your odds of finding one are more like winning the powerball twice in a row and getting struck by lightning each time on your way to get your photo taken with oversized checks.
Valued Member
United States
7 Posts
Posted 10/21/2019   12:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add unique collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
okay thank you for the info
Valued Member
United States
7 Posts
Posted 10/21/2019   12:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add unique collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No, better to know or not to know #128517;#128530;
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3760 Posts
Posted 10/21/2019   12:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The info given to you is of the highest expertise. You can take it to the bank or in this case "take it out of the bank."

I see the lotto fever force is strong. Will you show us the certs. so all may continue to learn this lesson again? This is a stamp forum. Some people here are the expertisers.
Edited by redwoodrandy - 10/21/2019 12:29 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
150 Posts
Posted 10/21/2019   12:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bud to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The possibility that you have two 596's is, as others have pointed out, extremely limited. But if they were, why would you want to put your hands and fingers all over them?
Valued Member
United States
7 Posts
Posted 10/21/2019   12:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add unique collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I really didn't get an answer, the only think I got was my odds of having two. But I never got any helpful information. So thank you very much, I didn't join to engage in an argument about stamps, that I do not know about.
Valued Member
United States
7 Posts
Posted 10/21/2019   12:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add unique collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't know, that touching them can do damaged. I'm new to this stamp collecting. Even though it's a negative comment, but it's useful information. Thank you very much #128514;
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3760 Posts
Posted 10/21/2019   12:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Edited by redwoodrandy - 10/21/2019 03:44 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3760 Posts
Posted 10/21/2019   01:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you go to "search" on the upper right of this page you are on and type in "596" you will find 1,540 discussions about this stamp.
Edited by redwoodrandy - 10/21/2019 01:08 am
Valued Member
United States
243 Posts
Posted 10/21/2019   08:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DaveG28 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm amazed that you all knew that unique collector was asking if it was a 596. In the original post in the thread, they didn't ask anything, just showed the pics. And to unique collector: Yes, you actually did get a lot of useful information. I don't see that anyone argued with you, because all you did was post some pics of stamps without saying what you were looking for. These folks know their stuff. If you wanted an argument, you should have posted over on the Delphi forums stamp board. They love to argue and ridicule there.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05